I have another friend!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone want to guess what kind of friend it is???
here's a hint:

Her name is Neffertitti. SHe is around 7 years old and Brad says she is supposed to be Dark brown but she looks very black to me. Right now she is scoping out the computer room and she going to the vets as soon as I can get her there. She needs her shots updated and she has no hair on her tummy, back or the back of her legs, so I need to find out why that's happening. I also need to figure out if she's actually been spayed or not, Rocket and Twig were VERY interested in her when I brought her in the house and the other cat she was with kept licking her backside and he was male so I wonder if they really did anything to her or not. She is 4 pawed declawed and seems like the sweetest thing ever. She just needed to be out of the enviroment she was in. Always in the basement, terrified of the dogs and humans, never coming out or being seen, basically living a feral existince in a house. It was heart breaking and I kept telling my friend that I'd take her whenever she'd let me, so finally she broke down and let me take her. Unfortunately there's another cat that will be going to the shelter because my funds are strung out with Neffie. Though I would've loved to have taken Sunny too it just wasn't financially possible. He's a wonderfully outgoing cat that loves people and dogs and is just over all sweet so I think he'll have a great chance at getting adopted. (vibes for Sunny) But I knew that Neffie would have No chance and so I took her.
So ladies and gentlemen, here's Neffie!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Neffertitti! What a perfect name! Welcome to the family, beautiful love!!!
Sunnie is sure to be adopted in no time at all!
Congratulations on your new family member!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Barb she is gorgeous! Bless you for taking her in and caring for her.
Poor girl...I wonder if she was just overgrooming due to stress and that's why she has no fur on her tummy/legs?

Lots of adoption vibes for Sunny!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Barb she is gorgeous! Bless you for taking her in and caring for her.
Poor girl...I wonder if she was just overgrooming due to stress and that's why she has no fur on her tummy/legs?

Lots of adoption vibes for Sunny!
That's what I was thinking but I saw sunny licking her over and over on the backside too so I am not sure what is going on. I'm going to try and get into the vets tomorrow before I go to work, I hope that's possible. I just hope it's not ring worm or mange.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww she is pretty!!! I hope you find out the cause of her hair loss soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neffie update,
I took her in to the vets this morning, and they gave her the whole shebang!
She got shots, rabies and the lot, they tested her for Feline Leuk and FIP, the Leuk came back neg
,(they send away for the FIP so please keep your fingers crossed that is neg too.) They said that the reason she lost the hair is she is allergic to fleas, nothing more, she is 7 pounds and they said she looks good otherwise. But she does have a small heart mermer (I can't spell that) but that could be caused from the stress of the change of houses and the vet visit. They are going to monitor it to make sure it's nothing bad. But other then then that they said she seems like she is over all a healthy cat for what she's been through. She's sleeping under our fish tank right now. I hope she is going to be ok. Twig doesn't like her, he is going to be a tough cookie to crumble to her. Rocket and the girls aren't sure what to make of the whole thing yet, VERY slow introductions in the near future I think.
Oh yeah they put Revolution on her to make sure they killed off any fleas she might have on her and ear mites too. And no worms either!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful thing you are doing for her..............lots of adoption vibes for Sunny as well!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad it was something that "simple" to explain her fur loss! Is she spayed?

I'm sure that the flea allergy isn't helping how the other kitties are reacting to her. Hopefully once that clears up, they will be able to accept her. Good luck with the intros!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWww gooodness! She is beautiful!!!
Congradulations on this little beauty!!! I'm wishing you and this little one many happy years to come! I'm also sending vibes out that little sunny gets adopted too!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a sweetie!! It must've been tough to leave Sunny, but he sounds like he's really adoptable wheras Neffie isn't.