My mind dont wanna work!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm trying to get a head start on the week and help myself out. We're in the process of changing curriculum at work and it's my job to come up with the assignments.

We've started a good computer guided tutorial instead of textbooks for learning programs like Word and Excel. The problem is they don't come with assignments like textbooks do. Since getting the assignments from the Instructors from our other office has been like pulling teeth, and I don't care for the ones she did send, it's up to me.

So I'm sitting here with my notes. Drawing a big ol blank! I have all these ideas while I'm trying to work on this at work and juggle my other responsibilities, and now here I am with no distractions and my mind is asleep.

Maybe I should just move into the office for the week. Ya know, stay late, sleep at my desk, bathe in the sink. I might to do better then.

Update on putting my job in jeopardy: My boss was in the office a lot this week. Even acting a bit more normal. Then Friday when I approached her with some things I'd brought to her over a month ago that hadn't been settled (ordering workbooks we were out of completely! and those darn assignments) things got bad again. She basically called me a liar by saying that I've not been telling her these things. I have e-mails lady!!! It went on from there and I literally had to walk away because I was getting mad enough to cry. (And that means I was pretty darn mad!) Oh and I'm pretty sure I found out who the snitch is.....my fellow instructor.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Well, it is not surprising that you are having problems with work. I know my productivity went down to nothing when I was working for the Wicked Witch of the East. I felt brain-dead. So all I can say

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Well, it is not surprising that you are having problems with work. I know my productivity went down to nothing when I was working for the Wicked Witch of the East. I felt brain-dead. So all I can say
Hmmm....that's a name I hadn't thought of for her yet!

I just vented to my Dad who I hadn't talked to since before the first 'meeting' with her. His advice is from now on e-mail everything, copy it, and file it here at my home. Also to document everything from my phone calls to just plain ol comings and goings.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I just vented to my Dad who I hadn't talked to since before the first 'meeting' with her. His advice is from now on e-mail everything, copy it, and file it here at my home. Also to document everything from my phone calls to just plain ol comings and goings.
The name worked perfectly because she worked in NJ and we were in Colorado.

Your dad has great advice, CYA should be your motto now.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Your dad sounds like he is a very smart man, I would take his advice.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
do you use Outlook for emails at the office? If so, place a "read receipt request" on every email you send her.

Even if she says "no" to them, still she'll know that you're verifying that she got the email.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

The name worked perfectly because she worked in NJ and we were in Colorado.

Your dad has great advice, CYA should be your motto now.
Hmmm....she lives south of me.....I don't remember what direction Glenda was from.

Originally Posted by lunasmom

do you use Outlook for emails at the office? If so, place a "read receipt request" on every email you send her.

Even if she says "no" to them, still she'll know that you're verifying that she got the email.
Good idea! We do use Outlook and her boss does use that. No reason I can't. It would help with more than just her e-mails too. Thanks for that idea!