Do you Freecycle?

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just cleaned out Sierra's room today and I had two boxes plus a Tricycle to give away. The lady just came and got it. She has 3 kids so she wanted it all. I always feel overwhelmed though for replies. Expecially if it's childs items. I'm just glad they will get use though. Sierra has so many toys and most haven't been played with since the first time she got it.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always freecycle. I go through my closets a few times a year and donate whatever I haven't worn, doesn't fit or haven't used in the previous 6 months to 1 year.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea I freecycle sometimes. Especially in the summer months when I do my yearly Spring/summer cleaning

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of weird things on our local ones.... more wants than offers. Some woman wanted discount restaurant coupons for her son who had just gotten his license and was starting to date. EEP!
Bet he was

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now I have learned a new term! Here, I was thinking this was a new cycling sport, like one of those X-sports, kinda like free-diving, only with bikes. Shows you how much I know.

I would rather get rid of clutter than obtain any - whereas my mother keeps everything. If someone has something they want to get rid of, she will be the first person to say that she will have it. I don't know how my poor father puts up with it!!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Now I have learned a new term! Here, I was thinking this was a new cycling sport, like one of those X-sports, kinda like free-diving, only with bikes. Shows you how much I know.

I would rather get rid of clutter than obtain any - whereas my mother keeps everything. If someone has something they want to get rid of, she will be the first person to say that she will have it. I don't know how my poor father puts up with it!!!!
Are you sure you're not my sister?
My mom's the same way. When I first moved out on my own, I didn't have to buy ANY furniture or kitchen things... she had it ALL and gave it to me.. and still had her own.. Which reminds me, I have to ask her if she has a coffee grinder

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Are you sure you're not my sister?
My mom's the same way. When I first moved out on my own, I didn't have to buy ANY furniture or kitchen things... she had it ALL and gave it to me.. and still had her own.. Which reminds me, I have to ask her if she has a coffee grinder
I didn't need to buy any furniture either - if I need something, I know where to ask.
But I prefer new stuff.
I just avoid asking her for anything - she got a bed from her favourite aunt that must have come from the 60s!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I didn't need to buy any furniture either - if I need something, I know where to ask.
But I prefer new stuff.
I just avoid asking her for anything - she got a bed from her favourite aunt that must have come from the 60s!
Yeap!
Mine gave me a 40yr old coffee table

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a big pack rat myself, I got tons of stuff that I keep just because it has meaning to me. But I have gotten just a tad better, I am gonna clean out DesirÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]e's old room this summer, gotta make me a nursery at my house too.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been on 2 local freecycle spots for a few months now and have "gotten rid" of quite a few things. The strangest is one person wanted about 25 feet of felt roofing paper. I knew we had part of a roll left so I met her in Walgreen parking lots and cut off the amount she needed. The only bad thing is were I live lots of people don't want to "drive that far" so sometimes I drop stuff off or meet somewhere. I have several items pending pickup now.
But people sure "want" lots of stuff-laptop computers, Play Stations etc.....

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I check on there but lately I can't bring myself to go there. There are a lot of people freecycling pets and it breaks my heart.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think FreeCycle totally ROCKS.

I have gotten some great stuff and given away some great stuff. I Think it's a shame no one thought of this much sooner!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's a wonderful idea (except the pets - they should have stricter rules).
We go on a regular basis to the local thrift store down the road. We constantly have stuff to give away because we're the supers at our apartment and people are always too lazy to get rid of their stuff themselves, and we don't want it going in the garbage instead.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I check on there but lately I can't bring myself to go there. There are a lot of people freecycling pets and it breaks my heart.
Our Freecycle does not allow pets to be posted.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The freecycles I am on actually has very few pets to "give" away-I usually give my 2 cents worth to that person. We have a fair amount of people looking for pets though-it seems that I am not the only one who doesn't like the one local animal shelter.