Grrrr so ticked at work..

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so the heats been out over a week at work. it was staying at around 60 and while it was chill ok, it was liveable. Well.. i got sick because of it. I let my boss know for sure that i was having issues with how chill it was in the store ect. he said fair enough he agreed it was cold.

Yesterday again, 60 degress, and i had a fever but i stuck it out. I did ask that my manager call me if it dropped below 60 because i really didnt think health wise it would be wise for me to work if it was colder.

So i get there today...and its 50 degrees! I just get told to put on another layer...keep in mind i already had three on because of my fever and such. I was so

And the stupid company says its the landlord that has to pay for it. Landlord says its the company..and meanwhile us poor workers are freezing
my fingers were cold and frozen all day I was frozen all day.NOT PLEASED.

Supposedly someone is supposed to be out to fix it tommrow...

not holding my breath..

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are laws about heating conditions and you should look into them for your state.
Ours is also out and can't be fixed until later this coming week so my boss bought lots of space heaters and we are working from home when we can.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

There are laws about heating conditions and you should look into them for your state.
Ours is also out and can't be fixed until later this coming week so my boss bought lots of space heaters and we are working from home when we can.
I agree. It might not even be legal for them to have you work in those conditions. The least they could do is give you guys a space heater to sit by.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would complain again and let them know that is improper working conditions and that a customer could report the business to the business burrow. It could also be considered inadequate conditions for quality of life. The Landlord or the company HAS to do something especially when it is effecting your health.

When the air conditioning broke down at work and it for to 85 degrees in the office (no fans or anything) everyone was sent home. Maybe I'm spoiled

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I did have one small space heater but the space is so open and the doors open and closeing all day it didnt do much good.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

so the heats been out over a week at work. it was staying at around 60 and while it was chill ok, it was liveable. Well.. i got sick because of it. I let my boss know for sure that i was having issues with how chill it was in the store ect. he said fair enough he agreed it was cold.

Yesterday again, 60 degress, and i had a fever but i stuck it out. I did ask that my manager call me if it dropped below 60 because i really didnt think health wise it would be wise for me to work if it was colder.

So i get there today...and its 50 degrees! I just get told to put on another layer...keep in mind i already had three on because of my fever and such. I was so

And the stupid company says its the landlord that has to pay for it. Landlord says its the company..and meanwhile us poor workers are freezing
my fingers were cold and frozen all day I was frozen all day.NOT PLEASED.

Supposedly someone is supposed to be out to fix it tommrow...

not holding my breath..
Sounds like you're seeing your breath. I really do hope it gets fixed for you. Does not sound good to be sick and freezing at the same time.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Whether the landlord is footing the heating bill or your company, one is going to have to budge. If your sick, then you'll pass it on to everyone else in your company.

staying in colder conditions can worsen your health

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, well I will see if its fixed when I get there tommrow. If its not I am going to go home. I dont wanna get in trouble but I am not gonna spend another day as miserable as i was today I mean I didnt even get much done other than checking people out because it was just to cold..