Saw a jackal show yesterday that I hadn't seen sense I was a boy.

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I was luckly enough to watch a show about Golden jackals on the african plans. It was about how they lived together and hunted. There was Mother. Father. Big Sister,a teenage female who stayed from last years pups and there littler of four month old cubs incluyding Bold Cub a unlucky male who had his foot amputated by a spotted hyena . http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/ima...es/bawling.gif. I didn't see all of it but I saw the cubs playing in the grass and bold cub limping and trying to be like his brothers and sisters. then Big Sister's suiter a strange male went into Fathers terrory and tried to lure Big Sister away from her family and cub rearing responsiblies, the parents were away hunting for food, he could smell Father Jackel though and ran off when she stayed home she liked him but wasn't ready to go off on her own eiter he left or the father chased him out I cannot recall. Then they showed the parents teaching all but Bold Cub how to scavenge meat from an antelope carcass. Huge vultures landed around the Jackels and kept building and building in number until the parents gave up and moved off while the younger ones fought the birds and then ran off with their parents when it became too overwhelming. A hyena then dashes into the squabble and steals the bones running away. Meanwhile back at the living area Bold Cub is in danger from another Hyena. He cries and cries knowing that he cannot escape the jaws of death. Luckly Father Jackel and Mother Jackel hear him and coming running Father Jackel nips the hYena and together the pair drive off the danger. I don't know where Big Sister is during any of this. The whole pack then howls in delight and its beutiful to see. They are full and the grass is green. But then the dry season comes and the family must wonder over vast distances to find food and water. They show the animals licking water out of rocks and digging for lizards and beatles in the hot dry earth.( to be continued) http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/ima...ilies/wink.gif

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanna know what happens to the little Bold Cub, and I promise it better not be nothing bad, or I am gonna be so mad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bold cub in the end is chased off by hyena's never to return.http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/ima...es/bawling.gif They dont show any thing bad happing to him. Big sister's suiter come back and risks going into the packs turf. She and him do a couple body posture standing in front of each other, leaping and then gazing into one another eyes. Then Father and mother come home and gets really angery at Big sister. Big sister can only watch this then she cowers as they punish her and she does a body slam with her mate and they trot off boyfriend and girlfriend. Father jackal and mother jackel watch on and then the rest of the cubs leave expect for one male who stays for next years season. They show a baby coming out of the den and his big brother playing. Then they talk about golden jackels in a vary inspriring way the show ends.

I saw another show about 20057 and what the world is going to be like. Discover chennal here so no make believe. Good things in my opinion. Cars will one day be able to fly! They will opperate themselves and traffic jams will be a thing of the past. Sun engry will be more popular. There will be elevators that go into space and people will live alot longer.

Bad/scary things in my opinion. people will just talk into machenes when they want food and the food labels will speak for themselves. Hearts and other human body parts will be made like paper is made today, doctors willl place tissue samples in strange printers and in two weeks or more new hearts will be created. People who try and cheat the system or do not have good health insure and get suregry anyway will be taken away by doctors into rooms and left to die.http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/ima...ilies/sick.gif http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/ima...ies/cwm25.gif( In the show the doctor woman rebelled and used a heart in someone who had insurene and already died so the man involved didn't die.) Entire cities will be like computers and one virus could sut down an entire city. The sky might be blackhttp://www.thecatsite.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif, was in the movie sometimes. The people working seemed strange they didnt act like normal humans they talked about job stuff but seemed so distant so I don't know - weird. I didnt see ANY trees or wildlife during the first two parts everything looked like it was out of some wild sciene movie.

I cannot think of any other stuff about that show. It might happen it might not. Though some is disterbing lets not worry about it. In 20057 I will be 70

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, if the little bold cub is chased off by hyenas never to return, you just know in your mind what happened to him.

So I don't think I am gonna read any more of your stories. They are too sad for me.

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry about that I'm sad that it didnt have the ending you were hoping for too. Bold cub might have have lived I'm surprssed he lived as long as he did. He was almost big enough to make it when it happened and they didn't show The Hyenas following him he just ran away from them when the jackal family left. Its nature, only the strong make it. its cruel and unfair but its just the way it is. I wont post sad stories anymore on this forum Lsulover. Some of the nature shows are great true but it would be lying to the world if they didn't post sad endings occationally. I made an error about the year in my other saying I made. Its 2057 not that other one! Fifty years from now.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Panther pride

Sorry about that I'm sad that it didnt have the ending you were hoping for too. Bold cub might have have lived I'm surprssed he lived as long as he did. He was almost big enough to make it when it happened and they didn't show The Hyenas following him he just ran away from them when the jackal family left. Its nature, only the strong make it. its cruel and unfair but its just the way it is. I wont post sad stories anymore on this forum Lsulover. Some of the nature shows are great true but it would be lying to the world if they didn't post sad endings occationally. I made an error about the year in my other saying I made. Its 2057 not that other one! Fifty years from now.
Well I know that life is sad sometimes, but if it is on tv I can change the channel and then I don't hafta watch it. I just don't like sad stuff when it comes to animals.

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry about that. Did you know that the blue ringed ocapous has venom fatal to humans? They can control the pgment in those cells and thus control the hues of blue. Lions used to live all over Asia as well as Africa now they are found in the Gir researve in Asia that's it. A lioness will suckle other lionsnesses cubs and will even adopt those that are not their own. Lionesses who get broken jaws or other injuries often live longer then they would have otherwise because of the pride. Merkats live in family groups and have babysiting duties asigned to some of their workers. A singal member will often stand as guard watching the others forage so that carnivores dont eat them, they switch members so he/she can eat. Elephants commucate by using ultersonic calls that can range for many miles and even by speical pads on their feet. Their calves take about as long as human children to grow up and live on their own and go through many of the same cycles of teenage years and family life like humans, expect elephant males come into mysth once a year,(heat) and roam vast distances when they are over 30 and females useally stay in their birth herd. Also elephant society is female ordered the oldest female is the boss. Nature is fasnating!