What's the silliest thing...

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you're afraid of????

I am still scared of the dark and if it is completely dark in my room I'm scared to put my feet down beside the bed lol. I know there is nothing there but I still get scared lol.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have weird phobias about people coming in my house and touching my pots and pans. Also, if someone goes into my bathroom and pulls back my shower curtain and touches my shampoo bottles I freak out. To me, these items are extremely personal. I'd rather have a utter stranger go through my underwear drawer.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Banks! When I was a kid I would go with Mom or Nana. I couldn't wait to get out of them. There was one in perticular that I always thought about robberies happening when I am there. 13 years later I started working in one and went through 2 robbies. Weird huh! I am not afraid of them anymore.

Oh I remember another one. I hate public restrooms. Not using them, not knowing where they are. I hate asking the staff where they are too. If I don't see one I hold it.
I also hate ordering food with others near me. At work I would have my co-workers order or I would find a room no one was in.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate eating in front of other people. I'm a picky eater & have had some downright nasty comments made about what I eat & don't eat. I've gotten to where I'd rather eat alone or else go through the drive-through & eat it in my car.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I hate eating in front of other people. I'm a picky eater & have had some downright nasty comments made about what I eat & don't eat. I've gotten to where I'd rather eat alone or else go through the drive-through & eat it in my car.
Same with me. I don't eat much of a variety of foods and people always say snotty things to me because of it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear glasses and whenever I say look down on water from a bridge or actually look down from any height I'm afraid that my glasses will fall off. I may have poor vision without them but I think I would be ok walking (just not driving anything though)!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I am scared to death of snakes
Same here! Ophidiophobia is what its called altlhough I'm uncertain of the spelling.

Funny thing again, I was thinking of starting up a thread about phobias just the other day...

One other 'silly' thing that I'm afraid of is biting my tongue...literally...just bumping into something and biting my tongue in half! Its a huge, silly fear that I have and I'm always paying attention to how my tongue is away from the teeth...where its located in my mouth...just to be sure I don't bite it off!

Isn't that the silliest thing???

Hilda >^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's more fascinating than silly to me. My mom always tells me I'm being silly when I tell her I'm afraid of the dark...or "don't be silly, there's nothing under the bed" LOL

Another one I have is hieghts, like if I'm in a elevator with a window in it, heaven help me I'll *faint*

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am petrified of bees/wasps, or anything else that even looks like them. I love to mess around in my garden in the spring, but if I even hear a little "zzzz" around me, I become an Olympian on my way into the house.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have the same paranoia of elevators. I can't look down from heights. I'm afraid to get up on a chair to get something as I might fall off. If I'm on a higher floor in a hotel, etc. I can't look out the window!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LoveMyBabies

I'm scared of and hate bananas. The texture, the smell, the fact that they look rotty...everything.

I'm sorry but that's just so funny!!!

Hilda >^..^<

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm afraid of tornadoes. My anxiety dreams usually involve person-sized tornadoes chasing me around. I'm also afraid of driving on long bridges over water (like the Chesapeake Bay Bridge). When I have to drive over a bridge, I'll drive in a center lane.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by okeefecl

I'm afraid of tornadoes. My anxiety dreams usually involve person-sized tornadoes chasing me around. I'm also afraid of driving on long bridges over water (like the Chesapeake Bay Bridge). When I have to drive over a bridge, I'll drive in a center lane.
The bridge going over Lake Ponchatrain is 26 miles long.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by okeefecl

Oh me tooooo! I sometimes dream about people-sized tornadoes...lots and LOTS of them...dropping in all around me! Its sooooo scarey isn't it?

Hmmm, I also fear water and have awful dreams of water...but I never learned how to swim...do you swim?

Hilda >^..^<

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Needles and surgery.

for example, I was watching Critical Condition on Discovery Health as it really interested me (CC in the ER). anyhoo, once it got to showing their broken legs etc, I just sat there with the willies and changed the channel.