Its about that time for my little guy...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow is the big day- Davidson is getting neutered! I'm so happy- but at the same time, nervous

He's so clingy to me, I don't even want to imagine him in that cage at the vets over night, alone. I'm sending with a shirt w/ my scent on it, so he hopefully will feel a bit more comfortable.

Please send any vibes that you can to my little guy, and maybe some calming ones to me too, I'll probably be a wreck dropping him off tomorrow morning- its going to be so quiet here without him!

Another thing... with him going thru this food allergy/reaction stuff, does anyone know what they usually feed them after being neutered? I don't want him getting messed up eating something different and getting sick again. Do you think if I tell them to feed him that Science Diet stuff, they will? Since thats the stuff they put him on....?

Thanks guys!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I'm sending vibes to both of you! It's natural to worry, but he'll be just fine.
I know he'll be okay, I just hate leaving my little guy

I'm happy its getting done, they are also going to trim his little nails while he's under for me ( I can't do it myself ) so I'm happy about that.

I'm also hoping that his late night meowing will stop after he's been neutered as well

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about US vets but here in the UK they don't feed them at all, it is usualy no food from 8.00pm take them in in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon. them you give them a small meal when they show signs of wanting to eat, Tolly thought he was starving to death and wanted his meal as soon as we got in the door
I'm sure he will be fine

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

I don't know about US vets but here in the UK they don't feed them at all, it is usualy no food from 8.00pm take them in in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon. them you give them a small meal when they show signs of wanting to eat, Tolly thought he was starving to death and wanted his meal as soon as we got in the door
I'm sure he will be fine
I know that tonight at 9PM I have to take his food away, which will make them both pretty happy

But I wasn't sure if they fed them at all, considering he's going in tomorrow at 7AM and I'll probably pick him up Tuesday morning.
Thats a long time for a little guy to go without food!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Tomorrow is the big day- Davidson is getting neutered! I'm so happy- but at the same time, nervous

He's so clingy to me, I don't even want to imagine him in that cage at the vets over night, alone. I'm sending with a shirt w/ my scent on it, so he hopefully will feel a bit more comfortable.

Please send any vibes that you can to my little guy, and maybe some calming ones to me too, I'll probably be a wreck dropping him off tomorrow morning- its going to be so quiet here without him!

Another thing... with him going thru this food allergy/reaction stuff, does anyone know what they usually feed them after being neutered? I don't want him getting messed up eating something different and getting sick again. Do you think if I tell them to feed him that Science Diet stuff, they will? Since thats the stuff they put him on....?

Thanks guys!
*hugs for Davidson*

Can I ask why he is staying over night? I've had all of my cats spayed and they've never had to stay over night. I took them in first thing in the morning and picked them up after 3pm in the afternoon.

Is it different for boy kitties?

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hugs and easy neuter vibes for Davidson.
I'm sure he'll be fine. If the vet told you to feed him Science Diet I would think that is what they would give him after the surgery. It wouldn't hurt to ask/remind them though in case someone forgets and gives him whatever is standard at the clinic. Like Natalie_ca, I'm surprised he has to stay overnight. None of my cats did, spay or neuter.

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
Im sure he will be fine and your nerves will calm down as soon as you g et him home
. I was a wreck when I took salem and ailey in
. they were also kept overnight. the vet told me to just give them several small meals throughout the frst day when they wanted it not a whole lot, like a teaspoon or so. i dont think they fed them while they were there but then again i dropped them off at 8 am and picked them up around 9 am the next morning. were sending calm nerves and get better soon vibes to both of you.

(i had to edit this cause i first wrote " were sending clam nerves and get better soon vibes"
)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Make sure you tell them specifically what you are feeding Davidson & have them feed him the SD i/d. Take a small baggie of it with Davidson's name written on it & "Science Diet i/d". I believe they feed them in the evening & make sure they are OK to eat, as well as in the morning. Not 100% sure there, though.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww he'll be fine Mackenzie
When i picked Rosie and Sophie up to bring home, they gave me some tins of Hills Science food, but it was a special nursing food that would be light on their tummys. They only ate a little because they just slept most of the time when they got home

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many vibes for you and Davidson.

Kenzie none of my 3 boys stayed over night after the proceedure. The girls did, but not the boys.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Many vibes for you and Davidson.

Kenzie none of my 3 boys stayed over night after the proceedure. The girls did, but not the boys.
I think it depends on the vet if the cat stays or not. One here sends all dogs home same day as he has no room to board them. All cats stay overnight. Another vet has all surgery animals(dogs, cats, horses, cows, etc) stay overnight after sugery. Another vet(small animal only) has the dogs & cats stay overnight after surgery.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!
All the vets around here keep them overnight, to moniter them. I guess I do feel safer w/ him being there, in case something happens-but I'm still nervous of course! When Harley got neutered-he stayed overnight as well.
I'm sure he'll enjoy being the only kitty home for a day!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's really good. And not too much to worry. His surgury is external (as you know thru Harley) versus the girl's procedure.

You may want to "remind" them or bring along some food for him. Then you know he's getting the proper diet. The techs may not notice the notes from his last appointment in his file about the proper food.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

That's really good. And not too much to worry. His surgury is external (as you know thru Harley) versus the girl's procedure.

You may want to "remind" them or bring along some food for him. Then you know he's getting the proper diet. The techs may not notice the notes from his last appointment in his file about the proper food.
I'm gonig to definately remind them. I was going to have John drop him off before he goes to work-but I'll get up and do it, since I want to talk to them about that anyways.
I'm going to give him their wet food at 8, that way he'll have a full belly and hopefully not be TOO hungry all night.

I don't think Harley is going to like this no food thing tonight