Sonic is here....

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is still in his carrier being a bit timid. We have put him in the bathroom with food, water, and litterbox. He hasn't ventured out of the carrier yet, so we have left him to it, I am sure he will want to explore in a while!

We weren't sure what to expect, as when we first brought Radar home he pretty much exploded out of his carrier and went exploring and leg-climbing, although I know that nervousness is a much more usual kitten reaction to new surroundings I am not used to it!

Radar is going nuts with excitement! He wasn't aware of the new presence at first, then heard Sonic miaowing and since then he has been pacing up and down, rolling around on the floor, sniffing everything, and making 'brrrrrreow' noises. No growling or hissing at all, he just seems excited

No photos yet, want to let the new guy settle in and lose his initial nervousness before waving a camera at him. Expect further updates...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay! He's home!!!! Can't wait for tons of pics!!!
LOL Those funny ears.... he he he....Congrats to you & Nate....& of course Radar!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He miaowed most of the way home, I am expecting him to be quite talkative being an oriental. His voice is very different to Radar's.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, welcome to the wonderful world of Orientals, earplugs optional
Looking forward to the photos.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the intros will be okay. Upon first hearing the kitten, Radar's tail hair stood up a bit and he backed up, but he soon calmed down. Radar has become fixated with the door to the bathroom - we haven't been able to keep him in the sitting room this evening as planned because every time we come or go out of the room he makes a dash towards the bathroom door and they start miaowing at each other through the door.

Radar's a bit confused bless him, he spent a while peering behind the radiator in search of his new step-brother.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on your new addition!
Can't wait to see pics and hear about the boys' antics!

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Epona is our giving Sonic cuddles- I got in first after he ventured out of his carrier...

Got a couple of pictures of Sonic but he is still nervous and has just discovered the litter tray (with the litter the breeder suggested
). Sonic enjoyed some cuddles and the gourmet chicken I left out..
We are not rushing the two cats meeting at this point- they are both aware of each other and excited but Sonic is nervous and we feel that he needs his own territory to be comfortable in before they meet

Thanks to all our good wishers- Epona has yet to e-mail our (very friendly) breeder so I guess I should be off

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well he seemed tired after his journey home (over 2 hours in the car, my parents gave me a lift - just want to big-up my parents because they are so great and always help out with everything, they did at least a 6 hour round trip from their house today just for us and Sonic and they're not even 'cat-people' - but big animal lovers tho
)

But he finally ventured out of the carrier, explored the bathroom, some of the hallway, and the kitchen, purred and rubbed up against us, had a cuddle, let me show him where his litter tray was (I believe the expression is 'peed like a horse'
) has eaten loads of chicken, then went back into the carrier to sleep.

Even with our allergies we are hoping he wants to sleep with us tonight, hopefully being with us will comfort him on his first night away from mum

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now there's a cat person! Having a cat sleep with them despite their allergies!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Now there's a cat person! Having a cat sleep with them despite their allergies!
We don't normally cos we both have asthma and it makes my face itchy (the itchy face is tolerable if uncomfortable, asthma can be life-threatening though!). But I'd rather that than having a little kitten alone on his first night away from mum and his littermates. Once he's friends with Radar they can sleep together in the living room, which is where Radar sleeps at the moment (he slept with us his first couple of nights too)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, how exciting!!!
Sounds as though he's going to settle in very well

Can't wait for more updates!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations
Can't wait to see pics of the little fella. He and Radar will soon be partners in crime and you'd better watch out then