Has anyone heard of .....

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Transfer Factor for Felines?

If so, has anyone given it to their cats?

It is used to boost the immune system.

I give Transfer Factor for Canines to one of my dogs that has allergies and it has really helped.

Now I would like to give my 13 year old cat the Feline formula. She has kidney disease, but is doing well. I thought this might be good for her.

Opinions please.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ckblv

Transfer Factor for Felines?

If so, has anyone given it to their cats?

It is used to boost the immune system.

I give Transfer Factor for Canines to one of my dogs that has allergies and it has really helped.

Now I would like to give my 13 year old cat the Feline formula. She has kidney disease, but is doing well. I thought this might be good for her.

Opinions please.
I use Feline Transfer Factor. I used the animal stress pack when Jake was so sick a while back. I swear by the stuff and it saved Jakes life. If you want, go to the link in my siggie, Jakes Story. If you already use the canine formula I'm sure you know how good the stuff is!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a Transfer Factor user. For myself and the kids!! I actually use the human formula for the cats (I think its 'stronger'). I have friends that swear by this 'miracle' remedy. I know a girl who's cat had FIV and the vet told he he would probably only live a few more months and she started him on TF and he lived a few more YEARS.

Here is information about it

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/tf.htm

And here is where I order mine (the cheapest I've found, with the most pill count (90) ).

http://www.4lifeweb.com/pb/index.asp...nguage=english

I told this story in another thread but I'll tell it again.

I had a problem with Saki back in March. He started vomiting for no reason, once a day or a few times a week but he had absolutely no other symptoms whatsoever. Poops were fine, appetite was great, loving and as playful as ever. This went on for almost 4 months. I was just beside myself. He had never thrown up in his 3 years and then he was just throwing up so frequently. It was really upsetting, even though he didnt act sick at all. We did blood tests, urinalysis, tried changing his food ( a few times ) and were going to do an ultrasound and then I started putting Transfer Factor in his food and I dont know if it was a coincidence or what but he stopped vomiting and hasnt vomited once since July. It was absolutely bazar. This stuff is amazing.

And dont bother asking your vet about it because they have always just blown it off (most likely because they cant make any money off you if you go buy a remedy from somewhere else. )

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ckblv

Opinions please.
Go for it!! Chichi who lives at my parents house is 18 and living with CRF. When I had my parents start putting TF in her food she was more perky, ate so much better and just seems to be doing much better overall.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you ALL so much for your replies. I have some on order for my cat, I won't have any reservations about using it now.

Thank you again.

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sicy.........how much of this TF do you give your cats? How do you mix it with there food? I have "2" 5 month old Ragdolls that been fighting an URI for 2 months and been on four different antibotics and several vet visits and just they just can't shake it
I was thinking of trying this stuff
I am getting desparate here.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Slave2_Ragdolls

Sicy.........how much of this TF do you give your cats? How do you mix it with there food? I have "2" 5 month old Ragdolls that been fighting an URI for 2 months and been on four different antibotics and several vet visits and just they just can't shake it
I was thinking of trying this stuff
I am getting desparate here.
For the one I posted I put half a capsule in each wet food feeding (twice a day) but you cant 'overdose' on this stuff.. so if you wanted to put 1 capsule in each feeding I'm sure that would be fine. You just open the capsule and sprinkle it in. And the great thing about TF is it has no flavor so they cats wont turn their noses up at the food.

I actually only give it to Saki because Zoey doesnt really have any issues, and I'm afraid if I stop, he'll start vomiting again.

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, no pictures, I am computer challenged. But she is all Gray with white starting on her face and a belly which is white, gray legs and white feet.
She is the very best cat I have ever had.

I'm glad to hear there is no taste, I will sprinkle it on her wet food also.
I have read the ingredients and they look awesome.
Try it ragdolls, it worked wonders for my dog with allergies.

http://www.food4pets.com/4life/transferfactorfeline.htm

The above website is where I bought mine.

cathyc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have heard of this but never used it. Not meaning to hijack your thread but I have a cat with severe skin allergies. Nothing is working. I've tried everything and he is getting worse. Could the Transfer Factor help him? I am willing to try anything at this point.

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CathyC

I have heard of this but never used it. Not meaning to hijack your thread but I have a cat with severe skin allergies. Nothing is working. I've tried everything and he is getting worse. Could the Transfer Factor help him? I am willing to try anything at this point.
He you tried an all natural holistical cat food yet? Solid Gold is a great one and has been known to cure many animals with skin disorders

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CathyC

It is basically an 'immune system booster', I am not sure if that would help in your case but it certainly couldnt hurt.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually Transfer Factor isn't really an immune system booster but it more balances the immune system out. 4Life Research describes it more as Immune system support. It can work as a booster but it also can just balance it out in situations such as autoimmune where the body attacks itself (over active immune system). It has a lot of other benefits as well. You can order directly from the company if you sign up to be a distributor. You don't have to sell or meet any quotas but can just buy for yourself. The company is here in Utah and in fact just a few miles from my house so I just go to their store. I use the feline formula because cats seem to like it better. The pills have a bit of a bitter taste and some cats won't take it. Since allergies are an autoimmune system response, the transfer factor works well for it. Jake's was an autoimmune (over active immune system), which is lupus. There are a lot of ingredients in it but the main ingredient is bovine colostrum (mothers first milk). http://4Life Research4Life Research

There is also an article in DVM magazine about Transfer factor. http://DVM Magazine Article- Transfer FactorDVM Magazine Article- Transfer Factor

http://Transfer Factor Feline CompleteTransfer Factor Feline Complete

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would, most definitely, give an allergic cat Transer Factor. It helped my dog with her allergies tremendously. I was afraid I was going to have to get her allergy shots and she freaks out so bad going to the Vet I really did not want to do that.

She is much much better and NO allergy shots. Hurray

bazkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What about urinary infections? Would it help with those? I have a cat who has had them on and off for the past few months, and just recently had struvite crystals and is eating Royal Canin S/O wet and dry.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That reminds me, I have to go to the 4Life (Transfer Factor) store tomorrow! My Jake has an extreme peke face (he's persian) and always has sinus trouble. Chronic sinusitus and allergies. He has no problem at all when I give him TF regularly. It's really amazing stuff, in my book.I'm sure it would help with UTI's. It contains probiotics which are a more holistic form of antibiotic.

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bazkitty

What about urinary infections? Would it help with those? I have a cat who has had them on and off for the past few months, and just recently had struvite crystals and is eating Royal Canin S/O wet and dry.
I would give it a try if I were you. I have some on order and can't wait until it gets here.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm bumping this post because I would like to know if anyone in Canada has found a source for this product?

From what I've been reading, it sounds like something I would like to try.