I'm loosing my babies!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tomorrow, I have to take my 6 foster puppies to the shelter. A rescue is meeting me there & they are going to pick out 3 of the 6 they want. Then three of my babies will be gone.
I've had Carmen, Charlie, & Courage since Dec. 23rd, Isis since early Jan...& Tiffany/Trudy for the past 2 weeks.

...sniffle....sniffle... It wouldn't be so bad if they'd tell me who they are taking ahead of time so I can prepare myself.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers and hugs for you from Mississippi for tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
remember they are getting new homes

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

remember they are getting new homes
Don't scare me like this Natalie, I thought something happened!

They will be getting new, loving homes- its a time to be happy for the little guys!
But I know how hard it will be- HUGS to you!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, that's hard, isn't it?

Just remember all of the love and preparation you gave them. It was you that truly gave them their first chance at a life with love, and now they are taking what you gave them and bringing it to their new homes!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't even imagine how painful it is to "foster" animals then have to let them go. God Bless you for being there for these helpless babies in their time of need. I don't think I could foster, because I'd want to keep every last one of them for myself.

However, you should feel good in the respect that because of you these puppies were given a 2nd chance and are now ready for their forever loving homes. It's a success story, no matter how painful it is for you.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's why I could never do what you do, I cant say enough to people who are willing to open there Hearts and then have them broken and I know you want them to have good homes.. Hugs to you for what you do and it's not for pats on the back I know it's for the Love we have for the Animals

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I can't even imagine how painful it is to "foster" animals then have to let them go. God Bless you for being there for these helpless babies in their time of need. I don't think I could foster, because I'd want to keep every last one of them for myself.
Thats how I ended up with Poptart, Gordito, Cappy, and Mia.

Thats only 4 of the many, though.

I'm sure they'll be going to good homes. Maybe you can keep in contact with the homes? I try to do that, but it only happens once in awhile.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry,
you are brave to do it in the first place, this place would look like a zoo if I fostered, I couldn't handle giving them up, it's a wonderful thing you are doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I'm sorry,
you are brave to do it in the first place, this place would look like a zoo if I fostered, I couldn't handle giving them up, it's a wonderful thing you are doing.
As though my place isn't a zoo!
There are 6 cats in the house, 2 large dogs, 6 puppies in the garage, 4 cats in the garage, & 5 cats in the shop!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, the rescue is coming for them Tuesday at 10am instead of tomorrow as planned. They are taking my Isis & Charlie. I am sad they are only taking two, but happy they aren't taking Charlie. Now I have one more day with my babies!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One more day to say everything you need too...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Change of plans....I have class an hour away from the shelter one Tuesday at 10 am. I have to leave my babies at the shelter in a kennel in back with the big scary doggies tomorrow. I have spent time with them tonight, & took some pics, although the pics are bad. Isis knows something is wrong & she's all sad & mopey.
Isis has such a good Lab face!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OHHHH NOOOOO .... poor little tikes ,.,,,

fuzzmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know how hard this is for you. I had one foster that was with me for 3 years and I honestly thought he would be with me for life. But this wonderful woman adopted him and he's now in his forever home. I did a home check (for my own sanity, it's not required by the shelter I fostered for) and brought Ike with me. She knew his history and that he would hide from her for months, but she was willing to adopt him.

I tried to make it out of her apartment before I
but I didn't make it. I started crying when I said my goodbyes to him and the look he gave me just broke my heart. I felt like he thought I was abandoning him and that tore me apart.

I know he's now happy with his new fur brother that she adopted after him. She originally adopted Ike for her 18 year old girl as a companion but knew she wanted another cat so Ike wouldn't be alone when her old gal passed on. The 2 boys are now the best of friends and happy together. She sends me updates from time to time so I feel I'm still connected to him.

As difficult as it is for you, you know they will be going to new loving homes. That's what fostering is all about. It opens your home to more furkids that will need your help and love.

Thank you for helping the furkids!