Jasc Paint Shop Pro Studio

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone has made their siggy by using Jasc Paint shop pro studio? If so, if they can show me some of the ones made from that program and how to do some really nice backgrounds from that program? I saw a very nice tutorial that explained how to do it with adope paintshop, but I don't think Jasc has as many features as adobe so I'm kind of at a stand still. If anyone could please help me I would be sooo very grateful. I would love to be able to produce a very nice siggy, but need a little help. Thank you to anyone who has time and patience to explain and show me some nice siggy's from Jasc.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use PSP but I do have it installed if you need help. I know a very good siggy designer off TCS who uses PSP and her siggies are great.

I know there are a few people on here that use PSP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be great if someone could help me out. I really don't want to spend money on getting another program, but I see so many wonderful siggies. I loved the one you did of Roscoe in green!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, that is one of my favourites. Personally, I prefer photoshop but to be honest there is very little that can't be done in both programmes (and PSP has cool tubes to use and more preinstalled siggy type filters)

I think it may be jcat who uses PSP and there are lots of tips in this thread

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I have a very basic version from paint shop pro because I can't do much with it. It came with the computer so it's not going to be a nicer version. Don't know if I can do much with it.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cagnes makes all of her signatures using PSP, and she is one of the best graphic designers I have ever seen. You can download brushes and use them on PSP, just like you can in Photoshop. I wuold say the basics of the Adobe tutorial that Icklemiss made will work using PSP.

Here's a signature Cagnes made for me.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a beautiful siggy! I hope I can get something to work or I might have to request one made. Where can I download brushes from?

cagnes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep, I use psp (thanks Hope!
) Most of the graphics in these albums were made with psp & a few older ones with Microsoft Picture It. My graphic album.

Here are a couple of sites with brush links... psp brushes, more links. They also have lots of nice brushes at deviantart.com.

I learned how to use the program be doing free tuts, just do a search for paint shop pro tutorials... there are a bunch of them out there.

barblynnp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have just made my first siggy using PSP. It took me awhile to learn it.....I'm still learning it. But it is so much fun! I got my background just by using a file I downloaded from a digital scrapbooking website. http://scrapgirls.com has some for sale and also some freebees. It is basically paper and other digital scrapbook elements.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cagnes

Yep, I use psp (thanks Hope!
) Most of the graphics in these albums were made with psp & a few older ones with Microsoft Picture It. My graphic album.

Here are a couple of sites with brush links... psp brushes, more links. They also have lots of nice brushes at deviantart.com.

I learned how to use the program be doing free tuts, just do a search for paint shop pro tutorials... there are a bunch of them out there.
I've only got Microsoft Picture It 10 to make sigs from- is there a tutorial for doing that?

And could you explain how the brush links work? (from a "for dummies" standpoint?
I'm kinda new to all this, but I really enjoy it!)

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as brushes, I am not sure if they work for Microsoft Picture It (they are made differently for each program), but basically they are like stamps in different shapes that you can use as a 'brush' to paint patterns

cagnes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

I've only got Microsoft Picture It 10 to make sigs from- is there a tutorial for doing that?

And could you explain how the brush links work? (from a "for dummies" standpoint?
I'm kinda new to all this, but I really enjoy it!)
I don't know of any tuts for Picture It, although I never searched for any & unfortunately you can't download brushes.... sorry.

If you'd like to use brushes & other features not available in Microsoft Picture It, you may want to look into PSP. I use PSP 8, it's an older version, so it's really not expensive... I believe it sells for about $20 on ebay.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much!
I had planned on asking the DH for Photoshop of some sort for Mother's Day, but then I saw this "jeweled" frog perfume bottle (for the same price
), and I collect frogs (and how often do you see that
?), but for $20
, maybe I can use my coupon savings...