Whats for Saturdays Night Dinner?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now i got something in the oven going! yummy! I havent been shopping for two weeks now as ive been ill, but now as im getitng better i was in the mood to do something!

I got a chicken leg out of the freezer, coated it in olive oil and salt, peeled a potatoe and a carrot, chopped it up and stuck it in the oven! now it smells delicious!!!!!

Whats your dinner?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooh sounds good!

We've 6 friends coming round for dinner (so 8 people in total), so we're going to do a roast turkey and roast veggies for dinnner. Yum yum!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum YUm!

I wanted to make a cake today, but i have no eggs

apric0t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm...I'm thinking of making baked pasta. I have some ziti pasta, cheese and various vegetables (peppers, tomatoes, onions) to make it with. Mmmm, now I'm hungry!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do believe tonight I'm going to be making Blazin' Buttermilk Chicken Wings
I saw them on the Food Network Channel and I'm hoping they turn out!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm I don't know....It's only 1:30 here, so I think I'm going to have to do some searchs on the net to find something yummy to make tonight.

I haven't really had much of an appetite for last couple days. Just sooo much has happened and I just feel depressed.

Any suggestions for some cheer up food?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no clue! Maybe homemade macaroni and cheese. Not sure about a meat. I've been the laziest cook. I used to love cooking...not lately! Baking is more fun.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our oven is dead. I'm saving for a new one. It stretches me to my creative limits sometimes...trying to figure out new stuff to make with only countertop appliances. LOL

Tonight is round steak, garlic mashed potatoes and mixed veggies.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Ooooh sounds good!

We've 6 friends coming round for dinner (so 8 people in total), so we're going to do a roast turkey and roast veggies for dinnner. Yum yum!
Seems like everytime you post you're having a dinner party! Sounds like fun.

I think we'll probably go out to eat tonight. We made plans with a friend to get all dolled up and go up to the Magic Castle in Hollywood and see a few acts. We'll go get food before or after.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's Saturday, it must be pizza-delivery-night! The only problem is-who do I call? Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Domino's........ (altho' the last couple of times Domino's has burned the crust!)

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to throw together a chicken stew. I've got the chicken on to boil with some potatoes, to cut down on cooking time for the actual stew. Plus, some carrots, peas, garlic, and onion, with some cream of chicken condensed soup, a bit of chicken gravy and a few spices. It'll be in the crockpot for a few hours and voila! Now, we did get a loaf of bread to go with it, but now I'm considering making dumplings.....hmmm.....what would you do?
Probably I'll wait and see how it turns out....if it's a bit thin, I'll do dumplings, but if it comes out thick with no room between the veggies and such, I'll stick with the bread.

sailfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not real sure what's for dinner because I've been gorging on Itallian cold cuts after starving myself all week. But if I can remember growing up as a child it would have been fishsticks and beans. Boy that chicken sounds Yummy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sailfish

Not real sure what's for dinner because I've been gorging on Itallian cold cuts after starving myself all week. But if I can remember growing up as a child it would have been fishsticks and beans. Boy that chicken sounds Yummy!
ANd it was so delicious! it went down sooo well!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we had chicken satay noodly stirfry thing and orange&poppy seed cake with cream cheese icing for dessert. YUM. I even asked mum if i could keep the last bit for Tristan when he comes over today, because everyone else had their eye on it!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have pork chops in the :censor::censor::censor::censor: however it doesn't seem like a pork chop night. The mac and cheese sounds good and I have lots of cheese to use up too. Don't know what Neil wants though-he doesn't like noodles very much.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Mine will be toast or soup..:censor::censor::censor::censor:, I should cook something shouldn't I?
Just be sure that your toast doesn't land near the litterbox again

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm ordering in Thai food.
vegetable spring rolls (the soft kind not the fried kind)
spicy basil chicken
and a side of steamed peapods and broccoli

It can't get here soon enough!!!

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It was payday yesterday - so lazy-bones takeaway tonight - Indian from palnet Poppadum (my favourite!!)

Chicken Pasanda, poppadums and dips - it was fab!! I am stuffed!!