"The World Before This One"

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When our daughter was about three, she started talking about her memories of "the world before this one," describing her other parents, house, rooms in the house, her bedroom, bed, bedspread, toys, friends, pets, birthday parties, etc. all in great detail, always consistently.

I've added more below (long), but was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences?

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

She has drawn detailed pictures of dresses her mom made for her birthdays, pictures of the cakes, of the quilts her mom made for her, and the bedknobs her dad made for her bed (they would change both for the holidays). She's described the tile floor in the bathroom, and they had a fuzzy toilet cover (which we would never have). When she started talking about her "past" toys, I knew for a fact that these were older toys she had never seen in real life or TV, because I was always with her.

I think her parents were hippies, because they painted lots of bright colors in the house. She said the only thing white in the house was the dining room tablecloth, which was a special tablecloth. She said it was always on the table with a flower and vase in the middle, and she described the legs of the table, which is probably what a little kid would see the most.

She said her name was Hannah, and her parents called her Hannah-Banana, because she loved bananas so much. In fact one of her birthday cakes (I don't remember which one, but I think she said 6th) had a banana drawn on the top, with slices of real bananas around the edges. When she remembered this birthday cake, she was able to remember her name.

She used to sob like her heart was breaking (when she was about three), saying she misses her parents. Her dad had grey hair that was kind of wild, and her mom had long, straight, dark hair, and wore jeans and often a pink shirt. Her dad was in a band, and sometimes she would get on stage with him and dance to the music. She had short blond hair (she has brown hair now).

She said when she was littler she was surprised in the mirror sometimes because she was expecting to see herself with blond hair.

She speaks from memory, just like if you would ask her now about her toys, birthday parties, parents, house, dining room table, etc.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that is different! I've read about this and some people truely do remember past lives vividly, but they normally dream about their past lives.

I was a weird child and I used to have some pretty crazy dreams when I was 5 or 6 and then I had one of them again about 1.5 years ago and then my son started telling me when we were in the room I dreamt about, that the man was watching us and would point to where the "man" was. We moved shortly thereafter.

I don't know but I kind of believe in this sort of stuff.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, this is remarkable. How old is she now? Does she ever describe what happened to her before - like sickness or accident? I think I would be sending this information to some school or somewhere that investigates reincarnation.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow, that is absolutely amazing....the bit about being surprised about her hair colour, is just incredible

Do you think you will do any research about it all, you know try and found out more about who her parents were, or where they are from ? Its real fascinating, does your daughter "know" the place name where she grew up ?

oooo, keep us posted, fascinating !!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That really is, for lack of a better word, fascinating. Wow. Write it all down like you have above and keep record of it. Sometimes as we grow older we push these things back and I really think this is something worth recording for your daughter to read about and be able to still remember later in her life. Keep us updated!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is amazing...I did read a book (Pam recommended) and it was about a woman who died and came back to life, and a little of what she saw when she was in Heaven, and one thing was a spirit deciding to be a baby in a women's belly and be born handicapped, and he chose that knowing that was how he would live his next life. It was unbelievable. But it made me believe that maybe we do have several lives..I know I can barely take much more of this one

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They say the reason children "remember" such things is because they are closer to their former self as a child than we are when we are adults.

I've been haunted by a dream since I was about 3 years old...it's the same dream and it seems so real and it's like I'm experiencing it for myself in the first person.

I remember the first "dream" that I had about it. I was hysterical. It took my mom hours and hours to calm me down and to find out what was wrong.

All I could do was scream that they were hurting him, that they were killing him. I tried to go to help him and save him but I was being held back. I was hysterical and struggling and fighting to break away to go and help him. In the end I sank to my knees and cried.

Finally when my mother got something cohesive out of me I describe the crucifictino of Jesus Christ, including the weather, the surroundings, the people and what they were wearing, what I was wearing. The look on his face.. everything.

Our home was not a religious one. We had no religious items in the house, not even a cross. My father was athiest and wouldn't have it, and my mother was too busy with work and home to take us to church.

She was convinced that I was there and witnessed the crucifiction of Jesus Christ and because of that she was convinced that I had been "called" and was set on sending me to convent school. The only reason I wasn't sent to one is because the one near us had closed down.

To this day I still am haunted by that "dream", and to this day I still periodically have it and it's 100% exactly the same each time, and just as intense and always from the first person like I'm the one experiencing it.

I would love to go and have one of those past lives sessions done, but I don't know where to go for such a thing. If I ever did I would not tell them my experiene. I would want them to take me back as far as they could on their own, so that nothing was influenced.

I know some will think me crazy for having said the above, but the question was asked and that is my experienc, past and current.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
who knows? it could be.

When i was little my mother told me i used to talk about flying and also sometimes i would talk about swords. we did not have a TV until i was 8 or so. I have bad dreams of being in a airplane and being on on fire.

who knows, maybe it is a echo of the past.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard of other people recounting such tales too. Personally I don't believe that it has anything to do with a past life. I think they just get these ideas from tv and other things they see.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is awesome! I totally believe in this stuff. Reminds me of a book I read called "The Mirror" in which the grandmother & granddaughter switched places in time.

My cousin can see spirits. She finally learned how to control it and is studing Wicca. Her mother can see a few things too.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I've heard of other people recounting such tales too. Personally I don't believe that it has anything to do with a past life. I think they just get these ideas from tv and other things they see.
We couldn't afford a television. We didn't get a television until I was about 9 or 10 years old.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not necessarily of a past life. But I know she does see spirits. One day she said that the little girl told her to tell grandma to move her heater. She she ran to my mom and told her about it. My mother went in her room and looked at the oil heater we used to heat her bedroom. It was too close to the wall and had made everything over there REALLY hot.

She had also said that the girl told her to never get any of daddies medicine. And that she (the spirit) had been a bad girl and got her daddies medicine.. She was 2 at the time. I don't think she would have gotten that from us.

I do absolutely believe children remember things from the other side. And I believe they are more in tune to the spiritual realm therefore giving them the ability to see spirits. As they grow and become more connected to the physical that ability unusually goes away by being ignored or told it's not real.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally believe that too, but my son's more exposed, but even before he was, he seemed to have a great interest in spirits. He wants to be a ghost hunter he said (he'll be 4 on tuesday)

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Wow, how interesting. A 3 year old?? Holy, what a smart little cookie!
Yeah. I guess I haven't been around 3 year olds much lately. What a smartie! Sure would love to hear more...

Hilda >^..^<

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have memories of a former life during the turn of the century era (early 1900's) and the Roaring 20's. Personally, I think it's the memory of the same lifetime. It must have been a profound lifetime for me, although none of my memories are what you would call profound.

One day I was talking to my mother, and I asked her if she remembered the time we road the Trolley car for the first time. She told me, "We never road a trolley car, ever". I said, "Yes we did, don't you remember? It was my first time on a trolley car, and I was so excited, and when we got on the car, the Conductor looked at me and said, "Is this your first time on a trolley, little girl?" I was shy, but nodded." My mother said, "It didn't happen, Hope." I was positive that it did happen. I said, "We had to go out in the middle of the street, and wait at a Median for the trolley car to pick us up." I remembered it as plain as day. I also reminded her that the conductor let me ring the bell on the Trolley, because he thought it was cute that I was so excited being on the Trolley.

My mother was insistent that it was impossible. She told me there were no trolly's in my life time. They didn't exist by the time I was born, and she said they in fact even SHE was too young to have ridden a Trolley. However she thought it was amazing that I could describe a trolley so perfectly, and was also amazed that I knew about waiting in the center median to cat the trolley. She said they were from the early 1900's and there was no way I could have ever actually seen a Trolley. She said HER mother, my Grandmother may have ridden Tolley cars but I could not have.

Well, I know I did, perhaps it was in another lifetime, but I know I rode one with my mother. I also know the city we were in was a more Eastern City like Chicago or New York.

I also have lots of memories de ja vu's from the 1920's, and for some reason I get the feeling that I didn't have a long life during that lifetime.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There still are trolleys in the city I grew up in.

I think it might be possible for a little kid to remember something from another life (I mean, there's def no proof of it being impossible) but I also think it's totally possible that she believes it but it isn't a true real-life memory.

We all have dreams that we remember as vividly as real life, especially as little kids.

When I was your daughter's age, I was totally convinced that I could physically fly. I remember what it felt like, remember doing it... thing is, I just had lots and lots of dreams about flying.

People's memories don't work perfectly. None of us remember every detail the same. There are things I remember doing that my parents claim I didn't, but maybe I did them with someone else or she was distracted that day, or who knows what.

Then again, whenever I feel skeptical about stuff like this I just think of the Dalai Lama (s) and how the successor is chosen. I don't know how else to explain that.