Still no closer to an answer (son)

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we went to the doctor twice this past week and got no where. Took him to the ER last night and got no where. For whatever reason no one can really figure out why he has so much pain. The ER doc. said it may be an inflammed bowel but there is no way to test for that without cutting my son open. Which they said they would not do. End result after xrays and tests. A script for ibuprofen and out the door they sent us. Said if its an inflammed bowel we have 6 more days of this pain. If its not that I don't know. I am at a loss as to what to do now.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

Well we went to the doctor twice this past week and got no where. Took him to the ER last night and got no where. For whatever reason no one can really figure out why he has so much pain. The ER doc. said it may be an inflammed bowel but there is no way to test for that without cutting my son open. Which they said they would not do. End result after xrays and tests. A script for ibuprofen and out the door they sent us. Said if its an inflammed bowel we have 6 more days of this pain. If its not that I don't know. I am at a loss as to what to do now.
It's time to get a second opinion. Do you have a children's hospital in your area?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a smallish one about an hour or so north of here...And there is one 2 1/2 hrs away from here in another state. We are having in Ultrasound done on his kidney's monday. I am really hoping that will give us some clue as to what's going on.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did they do a Cat Scan on him?
surely that would rule out a few things.
Good luck and I am praying he gets better SOON!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We have a smallish one about an hour or so north of here...And there is one 2 1/2 hrs away from here in another state. We are having in Ultrasound done on his kidney's monday. I am really hoping that will give us some clue as to what's going on.
Good, make an appointment with a doctor there.

Are you getting the feeling that the doctors are ignoring you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No not when I went to the ER. I mean they took x rays and blood work. Ran all these tests and nothing showed up other than his white count was slightly up but that was it. Because the white count was up they said it was probaly an inflammed bowel.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No not when I went to the ER. I mean they took x rays and blood work. Ran all these tests and nothing showed up other than his white count was slightly up but that was it. Because the white count was up they said it was probaly an inflammed bowel.
I'd still go to the Children's Hospital in your area. The only reason that I recommend that is doctor's there are much more likely to think outside of the box. They are used to looking at children, and know when things don't really add up.

I'll keep the two of you in my thoughts and prayers.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I'd still go to the Children's Hospital in your area. The only reason that I recommend that is doctor's there are much more likely to think outside of the box. They are used to looking at children, and know when things don't really add up.

I'll keep the two of you in my thoughts and prayers.
Its just not right that he is still in pain and noone knows why. Good luck..poor little guy

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor guy!

I hope it is something simple like the inflamed bowel...but at the same time too I hope you find answers SOON!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would take him to the childrens hospital also, they know what to look for in little kids.

I am sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi for you and for him. I hope you find out what is wrong soon.