Can she be teething???

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I think Stormie is teething, but how do I know !!!! She is 6 months old, and she is constantly chewing everything and anything that she can, and well she tries to play with everything as well !!! Her new thing that she likes to chew which worry's me is the USB cables for my camera and even my charger for the labtop! I am constantly telling her no and getting these things off of her, does this sound like teething???? If she is teething what can I do to help ease the pain (i assume theres pain but I might be wrong please correct me if I am wrong) Also I have been noticing that she likes to bite the door when i open it (my room door) could this be teething????

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At 6 months old, yes, it is probably teething ... when mine did it, I provided those little rawhide-type dog chews for them and it helps. When you see them chewing something inappropriate, redirect their attention to something ok for them to chew on ... a soft, squishy toy that won't come apart might also be a good alternative. It will pass quickly.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sounds like teething to me, and she's at the right age. My Molly get chew-happy at around the same time, and one day when I caught her chewing string, I pulled it away from her, but I guess it snagged on a loose baby tooth because there it was, a little tooth on my bed. And the string was a little bloody too.

I'm not sure how to ease the pain, though, except to give her appropriate things to chew.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like teething to me!!! Watch out for halitosis!
Also watch out for double fangs...don't worry, one will fall off (the front one) but when that happened to me the first time, it freaked me out!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Sounds like teething to me!!! Watch out for halitosis!
Also watch out for double fangs...don't worry, one will fall off (the front one) but when that happened to me the first time, it freaked me out!!!
now is this true, sorry for my lack of knowledge the kitten experience is new for me we have always had adult cats, and if we had kittens then well i was really young
but I do have 2 cat books but it doesnt say much, but back to the point I heard that u never really know what teeth they loose or lost because one is right there soon as the other one is gone, now is that true??? I also heard that most of the time they swallow the teeth they loose which I do believe somewhat, i kno i have swallowed teeth i have lost
!!! So what all should I expect with this teething phase, can that also be why she is so mean to everyone else except for Bella??

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

now is this true, sorry for my lack of knowledge the kitten experience is new for me we have always had adult cats, and if we had kittens then well i was really young
but I do have 2 cat books but it doesnt say much, but back to the point I heard that u never really know what teeth they loose or lost because one is right there soon as the other one is gone, now is that true??? I also heard that most of the time they swallow the teeth they loose which I do believe somewhat, i kno i have swallowed teeth i have lost
!!! So what all should I expect with this teething phase, can that also be why she is so mean to everyone else except for Bella??
I swear I would never lie about it!!!

Stevie and Reecie had the worst breath I've ever smelt on kittens and they lost their teeth at the same time even though Stevie is a month older. Thankfully, their kittens don't seem to have the same problems!!!

Double fangs are also truth - both my late BB and his brother BBoy (Burmese) had double fangs - BB only on the right side and BBoy on both sides! For about 3 days only. We never found the teeth so, yup they may just swallow it!

Yes, it's true that some kittens do get a bit nippy about it but it's only for a little while.

Fear not, it will get better soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope these teething ends soon
but today I went out and bought these knot rope things for cats, and they are also filled with cat nip
although her and bella both show no interest in this toy yet well theres 2 of them and bella i kno chews the robe on the one cat scratcher, she is such a weirdo and she is 1-2 years old, i am hoping that theres nothing wrong with her though she just destroys her toys other than that
but back to stormie, Do you guys think that was a good investment for teething??? Any other suggestions, how can i get her to chew those toys instead I do get her ready to play but she rather get petted well today at least but it was shopping with gram and i mean she looks at everything and compares everything and will read things and then call us over and say the prices and all this info and ask me and my mom wat we think and wat should she get
and I mean she looks at everything !!! But she bought her kitties some new things too, I cant help it my last bit of money and I bought these toys and also these little things that are like jax i think and me and stormie play fetch with them and so i decided i had to buy myself something so i bought me some hair dye and conditioner
but any suggestions or thoughts on investment or any future investment ideas u got would be great !!! Thanx in advance !!