Bella's scratching her ears !

bella's_mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
Bella was at the vets on Wednesday to get spayed and she has had a buster collar on since. Yesterday she was trying to scratch her ears but couldn't, I just thought that the collar was annoying her, this morning I took the collar off her for while and she scratched her ears for about 10 minutes and black stuff came out, it didn't look waxy more like flakes, I looked in her ears and they looked ok, I took her buster collar off tonight for a while and she scratched again and a little of the black stuff came out, but ever since she has been shaking her head and desperatley trying to scratch her ears. I never noticed her doing this before wednesday. Does anyone have any ideas ? I was wondering if she could have caught something while at the vets, does that sound possible ?

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the scratching and black stuff indicates ear mites to me. Go back to the vet, have his ears checked, and get some drops, if necessary.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Well, the scratching and black stuff indicates ear mites to me. Go back to the vet, have his ears checked, and get some drops, if necessary.
definitely sounds like ear mites to me, too.