Misreading thread titles

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else do this? I have been doing this a lot lately. there is a thread that says net CAT owner and i keep readin new CAR owner.

Admit it! You do it too!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I mix the words of two threads together. I.e I'm reading one title of a thread while I start to read the other (or really catch a glimpse at the word on the next thread).

So if one title Question on Litter and the next one is What are you doing this Friday? I would read it as "Question on Litter this Friday".

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was one the other day about Pantry Raids and I kept seeing it as Panty Raids!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I do it all the time too. The one I remember the most is "Rat Babies!" And I kept reading it as "Bat Rabies!"

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do this a lot too, usually with replacing a letter to make a new word. The thread title I remember misreading more than once is "lamb tipping" and it was really "lamp tipping".

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I do this a lot too, usually with replacing a letter to make a new word. The thread title I remember misreading more than once is "lamb tipping" and it was really "lamp tipping".
I had the same problem with that one, too!
I kept getting a visual of cute little lambs gettin knocked over!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I thought "lamb tipping" too!!

I was like, I've heard of cow tipping, but never lamb tipping!!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

There was one the other day about Pantry Raids and I kept seeing it as Panty Raids!
I wonder what a "Panty Raid" could be??? Hubbies raiding our undie drawers???
Raiding the clearance racks for cheap and tawdry thongs?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Well, if I recall the movie "Animal House" correctly, it is a raid performed on a sorority house by frat boys. Sometimes, there would be a pretty pair run up the flagpole on campus as a result.

It's a college thing.

OR...it is 8-Bit taking Heather's underthings out to present to houseguests.

lorina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Right here, right now, I saw "Misreading thread titles" as "Misleading thread titles," thinking it was about topics that had nothing to do with the subject. I'm really pathetic.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

THere's another cat - Mirinae's? - that likes to take off with her underwear on his head!

One of mine dealt with a missing dog named Willie. I read it as "My Dog's Willie is Missing" instead of "My Dog Willie is Missing".

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Sometimes I mix the words of two threads together. I.e I'm reading one title of a thread while I start to read the other (or really catch a glimpse at the word on the next thread).

So if one title Question on Litter and the next one is What are you doing this Friday? I would read it as "Question on Litter this Friday".
I do that all the time!
And then (especially if it late at night) I wonder "Where the heck did I get that from?"

until I read the next line...

Originally Posted by Lorina

Right here, right now, I saw "Misreading thread titles" as "Misleading thread titles," thinking it was about topics that had nothing to do with the subject. I'm really pathetic.
That's the thread I thought I was reading too- we're both pathetic, I guess!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

One of mine dealt with a missing dog named Willie. I read it as "My Dog's Willie is Missing" instead of "My Dog Willie is Missing".
Now thats pretty bad!