Wrist is killing me!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know why, but for 2 days my right wrist just ACHES and ACHES!!
I dont remember doing anything to it, but geesh, it hurts so bad.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of a mouse do you use? I had to switch to a trackball mouse because I was getting tendonitis in my right wrist, haven't had that problem since.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you do that, make sure you have a trackball with the ball in the middle rather than the side, otherwise you'll end up with major thumb problems

The other thing to do is learn to use your mouse with the other hand - it takes a little while to get used to, but is worth it.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

If you do that, make sure you have a trackball with the ball in the middle rather than the side, otherwise you'll end up with major thumb problems

The other thing to do is learn to use your mouse with the other hand - it takes a little while to get used to, but is worth it.
I've had a trackball on the left and have been using my thumb for quite a few years now - I set my mouse speed REALLY fast, so I barely have to move my thumb, and so far no issues at all.

I tried one in the middle and hated it, and I can't use my left hand to save my life, so if the trackball becomes problematic, I plan to go to the stylus version - looks like a pen. I know someone that has used that type with great success.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wrist pads are bad to rely on - both for a mouse and keyboard. They are for resting only. When you type and mouse, you should lift your wrists up so they're not touching anything.

Can you tell I got an ergonomic assessment at work the other day?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have recently changed to a stylus and LOVE it (it also comes with a 'regular' mouse for times when you don't want to use the pen)

I also have wrist pads higher than my keyboard (also recommended as a result of an ergonomic assessment at work!)

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I am in love with my trackball mouse..It is the best invention ever..My ball is in the middle and I have no problems.