Ginger cuddled up to Ferris by accident...

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was lying on my bed (I was sitting up cross-legged) at my feet and was getting her morning scritches from me. Well, she was enjoying it SO much that her eyes were closed and she barely noticed when Ferris jumped up on the bed and stretched out just behind her.

So I'm scritching and scritching and her eyes are closed in total bliss, and she puts her head back so I could do under her chin, and as she put her head back she leaned it up against Ferris' rear flank so that she was using him as a pillow.

He realized it right away, and you could almost see the hope grow on his sweet little face that maybe she really likes him now, enough for future cuddles, and maybe even - dare he hope - grooming, and then she opened her eyes, realized where her head was, FREAKED OUT and ran away immediately!!!

Poor little Ferris just lay there looking after her, like, "Hey...I'm not so bad, really!"

I keep telling her that he just wants her love, but she doesn't care - I think it's an ego thing. She likes him enough, but she'll be darned if she'll admit it at this point.

Poor little boy of mine - oh well, at least he had that one moment!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Poor Ferris - I hope you gave him a lot of loving after that dint in his pride
Oh I absolutely did!

Ferris will have been with us for 5 months come next Wednesday - my how time flies! And Ginger still smacks him around every time he tries to rub up against her - I feel so bad for him. It almost makes me want to get another kitty, but my lease won't allow it, so for now, poor Ferris' love for Ginger remains unrequited.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That was a cute story. Poor wee Ferris - his best girl doesn't love him!

One day she'll be begging for his attention.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

She just doesn't want anyone to know she's got a boyfriend!
Maybe Ginger doesn't want anyone to know she's got a younger boyfriend?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Maybe Ginger doesn't want anyone to know she's got a younger boyfriend?
Maybe that was what was bothering Alley, the fact that she was 2 1/2 years old and Persi was just a young whippersnapper of 9 months. Well, both are fixed so that does not come into the equation. Gee, I thought females enjoyed young males advances?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ah, poor little Ferris! to get his hopes up and then dashed! maybe Ginger doesn't like his cheese habit??

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is hope ... Kandie is 16 yrs older and NOT a feral than Zoey who is semi feral... kandie still yells at zoey two yrs later but they do sleep together and occationally a nose rub...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

ah, poor little Ferris! to get his hopes up and then dashed! maybe Ginger doesn't like his cheese habit??
I think it's more like she doesn't like what his cheese habit does to the litterbox.

Originally Posted by sharky

There is hope ... Kandie is 16 yrs older and NOT a feral than Zoey who is semi feral... kandie still yells at zoey two yrs later but they do sleep together and occationally a nose rub...
She will greet him by touching noses now, but it took a while to get to that point. Then as he tries to rub his side up against her after they touch noses, BOP! on his head.

The closest she will allow him to lie next to her - if she's even in the mood to allow that much - is about a foot away, but then they both have to be facing away from each other, and his tail can't touch any part of her.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww - that's so cute. Poor Ferris!

Mosi sometimes tries to sneak up to Jaffa to cuddle up to him which would be ok if he would just lie there but he can't resist the urge to take a swipe or try to jump on top of Jaffa. He gets his ears boxed as a result
They did bond when they were in the cattery over xmas though. Apparently they were cuddled up together a lot of the time and when we got home they curled up together for a day or 2 before normal service was resumed. Perhaps you should put Ginger and Ferris into a cattery for a while - united against a common enemy!