Aren't cats supposed to be picky eaters?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not my cats. Last night they ate their 2nd hand free set in a month (I just bought it Wednesday night & hadn't even used it yet). OK, not the whole thing, but they chewed apart the cord & it looks like someone may have eaten a small portion of it. If I had to guess I'd guess it was Jordan. He's 4 why must we still chew on things?? Anyone else with cats that eat strange things?

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie loved to play with the rings that come off of plastic milk containers.
But, when we brought Elliott inside we had to throw alll of them away because Elliott thought they were very tasty and was trying to eat them.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well stormie will eat and chew everything and anything that she can as long as she can play with it a little bit first
i swear i spend my day correcting her, always telling her no thats bad, but it doesnt work
and blue and tessa play with cereal that fell on the floor because its small they can bat it around and eat it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

Gracie loved to play with the rings that come off of plastic milk containers.
But, when we brought Elliott inside we had to throw alll of them away because Elliott thought they were very tasty and was trying to eat them.
Oh yeah, I've tried so many times to give them milk rings, but all the do is play with them for a minuet & then eat them.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had problems with Mika for awhile - she kept taking my office key fob out of my purse because it has a tiny stuffed animal on it. Last night hubby came into the computer room and asked if the lip pencil in his hand was mine which I said yes to and asked where he found it. Apparently Bijou went INTO my purse, got it out and took it to my hubby to play with him.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plastic bags, lighters, boxes, wires, headphones- you name it Radar has had periods of fascination

Ruining three sets of headphones and two phones by chewing through the wire has to be the worst however

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You all have such wild kitties!

Alley was a lump! All she did was sleep. She played a little bit when she was a kitten, but I think an indcident with a fish hook and an emergency trip to the vet scared her because she didn't get into stuff much after that. lol

When she got older, she loved to chase critters, but it was beneath her dignity to actually swat at a toy or anything else. I would buy those wand toys, catnip toys, etc. and she would just look at me like I was crazy.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank god mine dont actually eat foreign things.. although Zoey used to eat her feather toy and tails off the mice before I got Saki. :|
And yes I always take the tails off now lol.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just thought of something else strange that Elliott tried to eat...his own hair!

I have to comb him everyday or my carpet would be white instead of blue.
If I knew how to spin yarn out of his fur I could make beautiful pure white hats

Anyway I have to bury the fur I take out of the comb in the very bottom of the garbage can or he digs it out and tries to eat it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PaulaS

You all have such wild kitties!

Alley was a lump! All she did was sleep. She played a little bit when she was a kitten, but I think an indcident with a fish hook and an emergency trip to the vet scared her because she didn't get into stuff much after that. lol

When she got older, she loved to chase critters, but it was beneath her dignity to actually swat at a toy or anything else. I would buy those wand toys, catnip toys, etc. and she would just look at me like I was crazy.
My last cat Smokey was very calm & very dignified even when she was a kitten. So the first morning after bringing home Levi & Jordan all I could think was "What did I do?" Believe me there are days I still miss Smokey because so many things I didn't used to worry about I know have to think about. nothing that had any food can go in the garbage can because Jordan will knock it over & drag it out. One day I came home to bits of aluminum foil everywhere because I forgot & threw away some foil I had used to wrap up pizza. that was less than 6 months ago & Jordan will be 4 in May. But I always think how boring my life would be without him.