Why doesn't he listen?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a nasty cold, and so I asked DH to run out and get me some medicine. I don't know if it's this way everywhere, but all the pharmacies have the good cold medicine behind the counter. You also have to fill out a form and show them your driver’s license. I realize this is a lot to go through for some Tylenol Cold and Flu, but I don't feel good.

So he brought home some stuff for me. I took it a few hours ago, and it's not working. I called him. He said that why would he talk to the pharmacist if there's cold medicine on the shelf.

I don't know if anyone has experienced this yet, but the stuff on the shelf doesn't work!

I'm embarrassed to say that I yelled at him. At this point I'm to sick to feel bad about what I did. So, he'll have to live with it.

EDIT: I told him twice that he'd have to go to the counter.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never tried the stuff behind the counter, the stuff on the shelf has always worked for me. But if that's what you wanted, the least he could have done was get it for you. It's really not that much to ask.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

I'm confused. What's the difference?
Sorry... there's an ingredient in the stuff behind the counter that is used to make Meth, so now it's regulated. You can only buy so much of it a month.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Sorry... there's an ingredient in the stuff behind the counter that is used to make Meth, so now it's regulated. You can only buy so much of it a month.
I thought that is what you meant. Yea I can only take the stuff that is no longer on the shelves. That annoys me to no end b/c I am sensitive to the drugs left out & can't take them. I hope you feel better. Advil cold/sinus is the only thing that works for me.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
#1 I hear you Heather. Especially when you don't feel good its the little things that they don't seem to hear that really drives you up the wall.

#2 Poor thing! I can't believe you're sick AGAIN! Are you taking vitamins? I know you eat healthy. Did you have your furnace cleaned like you said you would? When's the last time you had a thorough physical? You need to take care of yourself Miss Heather.

Here's to feeling better soon.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

#1 I hear you Heather. Especially when you don't feel good its the little things that they don't seem to hear that really drives you up the wall.

#2 Poor thing! I can't believe you're sick AGAIN! Are you taking vitamins? I know you eat healthy. Did you have your furnace cleaned like you said you would? When's the last time you had a thorough physical? You need to take care of yourself Miss Heather.

Here's to feeling better soon.
Thanks...
I needed that mini lecture. I did make a doctor's appointment this time, so I'm going on Tuesday to see what the heck is wrong.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks...
I needed that mini lecture. I did make a doctor's appointment this time, so I'm going on Tuesday to see what the heck is wrong.
Good. Now of course I'm the pot calling the kettle black, its been ages since I had a thorough physical. But then again, I don't get sick that much. Keep us updated.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you are sick again. And guys are hard headed. That is why is brought you the junk that doesn't work.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. I have had a cold for about a week now and its driving me crazy. I have taken robitussin, dimetapp, nyquil and tylenol daytime and nightime for colds. None of them have worked but I just have to deal with it because around here there is no doctors that are accepting new patients.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Feel better Heather and give DH a dope slap.

As to what is behind and in front of the counter:

What is on the shelf is Phenylephrine which experts say isn't as good as Pseudoephedrine which is used in making meth and has been stashed behind the counter.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The ingredient that that have behind the counter that one has to sign for is pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. The stuff on the shelves contain Phenylephrine hydrochloride.
For some people this "new" product isn't as effective.
Its a pain as if you want the "good" stuff you have to go to a pharmacy that is open around the clock. I discovered this once when I went early (8 am) to Target and the pharmacy didn't open until 8:30 or 9 am.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Feel better Heather and give DH a dope slap.

As to what is behind and in front of the counter:

What is on the shelf is Phenylephrine which experts say isn't as good as Pseudoephedrine which is used in making meth and has been stashed behind the counter.
I'm so glad that you posted that. I couldn't spell those words if you paid me.

DH said that he felt silly giving a photo ID to buy cold medicine. Well... now he gets to hear me whine by phone until he brings the good stuff home.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

I'm so glad that you posted that. I couldn't spell those words if you paid me.

DH said that he felt silly giving a photo ID to buy cold medicine. Well... now he gets to hear me whine by phone until he brings the good stuff home.
I actually did a copy/paste from the Sudafed site.

I think that calls every 1/2 hour with whining should straighten him out.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I actually did a copy/paste from the Sudafed site.

I think that calls every 1/2 hour with whining should straighten him out.
I was going to call him once an hour and add to my list of stuff.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Chants: "Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!"
I already did... I added Vicks Vapo Rub. I think I'm going to add Chicken Noodle soup and some other stuff.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I already did... I added Vicks Vapo Rub. I think I'm going to add Chicken Noodle soup and some other stuff.
If he was hesitant before about asking for stuff behind the counter I would make him a NICE list. Such as:

feminine hygiene products
a pink women's razor
scented candles
nail polish

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

If he was hesitant before about asking for stuff behind the counter I would make him a NICE list. Such as:

feminine hygiene products
a pink women's razor
scented candles
nail polish

You are too funny! I just think I may add tampons to the list.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phenylephrine makes me high as a kite. I took that in college. My friends were so worried they called for an emergency. The pills were taken away from me. While I was at work my boss thought I was on illegial drugs. Apparently 1% of the pop has this type of reaction. This really ticks me off b/c it's the only meds on the shelves. Thanks to the crack heads the good medicine is always out of stock.

Sorry had to rant. I really hope you feel better.