An Update on the baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to update you all on how Lava Girl is doing. They had to stop giving her food thru the tube today because her stomach wasnt handling it very well yet. So they are going to just keep her hydrated and then slowly start giving her formula again tomorow I think they said. But she's doing pretty well I got to hold her again and she kept staring up into my face. It was very sweet. I wish Amber could be here with me. She was always talking about when she could first hold her. She was so excited about holding her. The nurses love Kaelyn so much. They say shes already showing a very intersting personality. She's very vocal but sleeps more then most babies. They have to mess with her alot to wake her up so we can see her awake. TYhey said she hates to be swaddled and always wants to have her hands loose so she can grab her ear. I didnt get much sleep last night because I kept having dreams about Amber and Bagheera. She kept saying look John I found Bagheera. Another dream I dreamed I woke up and she was looking at me with her head tilted to the side and she said why so grumpy Mr. Frumpy? I told her I was sad because she left me and Lava Girl alone. She laughed and said John I didnt leave you I'll always be with you dont be silly. You and Lava Girl will be fine dont worry but you better take care of my animals or I will haunt you for the rest of your life. And then she turned into a weird half human half wolf.
Then I woke up. I dont know how Im going to get any sleep. Buddy keeps standing by the door crying. I just got back from the hospital again. I left because I couldnt handle being there any more. Stan and his parents came by again today. They were there when I there and it was all I could do not to attack him. He wouldnt even get near the baby. I asked him what he thought of her and he said she looks alot like Amber. I wanted to say thats all you can say. Not shes the cutest baby youve ever seen. Not she makes me sad and happy at the same time looking at her! Just she looks like Amber. His parents were nice though. They talked to me alot and asked if I knew what Amber wanted to be done with the baby. Then Ambers mom said she wanted John to have her before I could say anything. Stans mom looked at me a little weird. And Ambers mom said hes been there for Amber thru everything shes delt with this last few months and they were engaged. He is her father. I thought Stans parents would get mad but they just looked at Stan and Stan didnt even blink. He just stood there staring at me the whole time. I didnt end up signing the birth certificate because I got to thinking that might not be totally legal. Im gonna have to find out before I do anything. I asked Stan what he planned on doing and he said nothing. He didnt want and never wanted a baby. It was Ambers baby and he just came because his parents made him. So I dont know.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Hon,

I'm sorry you're feeling lost and confused...
I think the best thing for you to do, believe it or not is to consult a family lawyer. I think you'd be the best dad for Lava girl and your dreams are already telling you that. You have the support of Amber's family and that to me, counts for a whole lot!

You and Kaelyn are in my prayers....

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh John. Once again, I am so sorry you're even going through this. What a beautiful name for the baby. Kaelyn must be so sweet.

I sincerely hope that you are able to raise Kaelyn. To be able to keep that part of Amber with you forever would be just amazing.

I still can't beleive she is gone. It breaks my heart for you and Kaelyn.

I am here if you need to talk hun

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for keeping us up to date John...you have such incredible strenght to be able to talk about this

Amber's mom is right....you are little lava girl's father. Sending you many prayers

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
we'll keep praying for Kaelyn to improve. she's still so new, she's still getting used to her new situation.
i agree - check out the laws first. you don't want to get yourself in trouble when Kaelyn needs you here.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I want to whoop Stan's butt myself!!!!

John, definitely have a good, long think about things and speak to a lawyer before you sign anything. If you believe you can raise her, then I know Amber's family will support you.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John. We are all so proud of you for being able to come here, in spite of all you are dealing with. Thank you for bringing us the news, both good and bad. You are a very courageous and strong young man, assets that you will surely need in the coming days. But we are here for you, along with Amber's parents and yours.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, thanks for updating us on beautiful Kaelyn,
I know it can't be easy. Just try to remember what
Amber
said to you in your dream, She will always be with you and the baby, I really believe that.
Please remember we are all here for you.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
John, I still don't know what to say. I kind of glad Stan doesn't want the baby. Kaelyn will be much better off with you.
We're all still here for you....

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
John, you are the babys father, anybody can make a baby but it takes a certain someone to bring up and love a child through thick and thin, but you are showing us, and everyone around you, that you are more than capable of that

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, hopefully Stan will stand by what he said at the hospital and stay disinterested in having sweet Kaelyn. Its a shame that he feels that way, but it will be for the best.

I agree that a lawyer is in order. It's a very complicated situation, and I'm sure paperwork will need to be filed. Parental rights will often automatically transfer to the living birth parent. I would have Stan sign something NOW while he's claiming he wants nothing to do with the situation. You don't want him to come back later and try to claim his parental rights out of spite, anger, or jealousy. If you're SURE that this is what you want to do, make it legal.

Also, know that we are all here for you. If you need help with ANYTHING, don't be afraid to ask. You've got people here from every walk of life and every profession. We'll all try our best to help you.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatlessGoatMan

I didnt get much sleep last night because I kept having dreams about Amber and Bagheera. She kept saying look John I found Bagheera. Another dream I dreamed I woke up and she was looking at me with her head tilted to the side and she said why so grumpy Mr. Frumpy? I told her I was sad because she left me and Lava Girl alone. She laughed and said John I didnt leave you I'll always be with you dont be silly. You and Lava Girl will be fine dont worry but you better take care of my animals or I will haunt you for the rest of your life. And then she turned into a weird half human half wolf.
John, in another thread I said that I knew that Bagheera would be there to greet Amber, and your dreams have confirmed that for me - Amber knows what has happened to her, and she came to you in your dreams to let you know that she is ok, and that she loves you - and she told you herself that she will always be with you!

I'm crying again - but I'm SO glad you shared this with us - I really, really truly believe that she is right there with you and will ALWAYS be with you no matter what!

Having dreams like that can be painful, but I honestly think that they are a blessing! Amber loves you, yesterday, today and FOREVER. God bless you and your little Lava Girl, and God Bless and keep Amber close to His heart!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you John, for the update. I think before you do anything, you need to sit down with Amber's parents and talk it all through. Think hard with both your head and your heart. Think about finance, about education, about where you will live, about what support networks you have in place. All these things will come up legally anyway and you need to be prepared. It is good that Stan's parents sound like sensible people who will not fight you, and that Stan himself does not seem interested. But you need to be really hard-headed as to how you will cope, if you decide you want to and if you manage to get full custody. It is not easy raising a child in a two-parent family and any single parent will explaint he problems they have faced! I am not saaying don't do it, I just think you will eventually have to take the emotion out of it and plan very carefully. And I am sure that Amber's parents will give you all the help they can. I am sorry if all this sounds callous and premature, it's not meant to be, just a thought not to do anything illegal or based on pure emotion at this stage.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, I'm still quite speechless, but I do, really truly hope that you will be able to raise Kaelyn. You'll be an amazing father. I do think you should get a lawyer, it wouldn't hurt, just to be on the safe side.

Please take care of yourself, we're all here for you

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, I hope that you took some comfort from the dreams. It must be distressing and confusing at the same time though. I just wanted to let you know that to a lot of people a wolf in a dream can symbolise your spiritual guide, so perhaps that can help explain that part of the dream and make it less confusing. I think it is a very fitting interpretation.

Hugs to you and the little one.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And then she turned into a weird half human half wolf.
Wolves are social animals and take care of their packs. Amber was definitely the dominant female and took care of her pack - you, Kaelyn, the kits and the pups. Maybe that explanation will help you with that dream.

More
and
from Indiana.

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies
Originally Posted by white cat lover

John, I still don't know what to say. I kind of glad Stan doesn't want the baby. Kaelyn will be much better off with you.
We're all still here for you....
Originally Posted by babyharley

John, I'm still quite speechless, but I do, really truly hope that you will be able to raise Kaelyn. You'll be an amazing father. I do think you should get a lawyer, it wouldn't hurt, just to be on the safe side.

Please take care of yourself, we're all here for you
Natalie and Kenzie said pretty much what I was going to say. Be strong John

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
John,
Thank you for keeping us updated, I know it has to be hard for you!
You will be a wonderful father for Lava Girl, and the good lord will make this burdon lighter for you. As you already know, we all are with you in our hearts.
It is so hard to put into words to comfort you, Amber has already came to you to let you know it will be OK!
Take good care of yourself as well! We are all here for you if you need us.
Even though I did not know Amber personally I have seen a lot of her posts and she was one awsome girl with a great attitude, even with all the hardship she has had in her life.
Thank you for taking such good care of her while she was with you, and for caring for Lava girl and all of the animals.
This truly is a sad day, we are all so sad right now but her life is definately worth celebrating! I only hope that when it is my time, I have made an impact on someone to care as much as all of us here do about her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A new update she pooped her first pooped about 5 minutes ago! I know its weird to be excited abnout poop but she hasnt gone since she was born only pee so that means her tummy is starting to work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.