Cuddling or Dominance Behavior?

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I am sleeping Puff likes to climb on my back and lay on me. Do you think this is dominance or is he just wanting to cuddle? I actually don't mind it. It's kinda cute. But just wondering?

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a cat (female) who slept on my back for 18 yrs straight every night (just about, give or take). It probably started out as 'possession', but maybe also keeping warm (she was a glutton) and then just habit. Luckily my husband wasn't a flailer in his sleep!

pjrocco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd say warmth and cuddling... I have a little girl that tries to sleep on my face almost every night.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would'nt think of it other then snuggling unless there is an aggresive reaction when you move. Some cats love to snuggle up when we are sleeping! My friends chawawa sleeps right on your tail bone ever since he was a pup

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pjrocco

I'd say warmth and cuddling... I have a little girl that tries to sleep on my face almost every night.
Sometimes Maia smothers me! She does the rotation and plops down right in my face!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
definitely cuddling. my two cats sleep on one another - you probably are just a 'big kitty' to snuggle with

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shami likes to snuggle right up in my face and licks my face or kneads my neck. After about 15 minutes of me turning about and him following my face, he'll give up and curl up on my back and fall asleep, or I'll grab him and lay and arm on him so he doesn't leave claw marks all over my neck or tongue rashes on my face.

shambelle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My first cat used to sleep on my head. Talk about being at the top...