Cat Sitting

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I am cat sitting for a co-worker's 4 cats. She said I should come over every other day as they have plenty of litter boxes and a self-feeder. I know if it were my cats I would want someone to check in at least every day if not twice a day. Even though there are 4 cats to keep each other company, one in particular is sooooooo friendly and wants a lot of attention. So I have been going over there every day after work, would you do the same?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah. I was cat sitting & stopped in 2x a day every day. If I hadn't been so busy I would've stopped in 3x a day....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys, I knew fellow cat lovers would understand. One of the teachers at work who knew I was cat sitting asked how it was going. She is not a cat lover and when I told her there were 6 litter boxes to clean out she made a face!

I have really grown attached to the one cat who is so affectionate. I guess that's how I know I'm a cat fanatic.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely, I would go every day. Perhaps your co-worker was just bending over backwards not to impose on you. I suspect she will be grateful that you were able and willing to give her babies more attention than she actually asked for. Enjoy the kitties.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was cat sitting for a pretty much stranger who adopted a cat from the rescue I help run.. I was over every day.. but he was just too lonely so I brought him home. They are coming to get him sometime this morning.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done some cat-sitting before, and popped in around twice a day...I worried about more about this cat, as he was around 19 years old. I was so afraid he would go downhill while his owner was gone!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

I've done some cat-sitting before, and popped in around twice a day...I worried about more about this cat, as he was around 19 years old. I was so afraid he would go downhill while his owner was gone!
Oh I know the feeling! The one cat I was cat sitting for turns either 20 or 21 in April! I was so freaked out she'd die!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
to be continued.....
today after work I went straight to her house and found one of the cats had a gash over his eye near his ear. It was pretty raw and I felt badly for him. I called the number for her vet that she left on the :censor::censor::censor::censor:. They wanted me to bring him in so I had to nose around her condo. to find a carrier. I had an awful time trying to get him into the carrier. I actually hurt my neck but was finally successful once I wrapped him in a bath towel and put him in the carrier. The vet checked him over thoroughly and put him on an antibiotic 2x a day so I guess I'll be going over there a little more often.
I just kept thinking if it were my cat and someone was watching her I would want them to do the same thing for me.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You sound like you're doing a great job! Good for you for caring. That could've turned into a nasty infection if left too long.

Can I hire you when we go away?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Can I hire you when we go away?
Sure, I offered to cat sit because 2 mos. ago she fell at work and broke her wrist on one arm and fractured her elbow on the other. I knew how badly she needed this vacation so I offered to watch her cats anytime for "free."

I'm a sucker for animals and when I agree to pet sit for someone I treat their pets just as I would my own, sometimes even better.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, in other words, you are doing it for the kitties
OH, if only we could clone wonderful people like you!!!
BTW, Neely, Sean is such an adorable dog
And his colors coordinate with the Neely and Neeko

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

So, in other words, you are doing it for the kitties
OH, if only we could clone wonderful people like you!!!
BTW, Neely, Sean is such an adorable dog
And his colors coordinate with the Neely and Neeko
Thanks for the compliments, we rescued both Sean and Neely from the same kill shelter. Neeko has gone to the bridge.