Need some vibes

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well tonight I am starting smoke away. I had my last smoke 20 minutes ago. I am going to go crazy the next 3 days. I have been smoking for 8 years now.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many vibes from me to you in your stop smoking quest. If you are ready, then you absolutely can conquer it.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck!!! And remember- quitting an addiction is hard- and support helps!!! so every time you're tempted- post on TCS instead or pet one of your furbabies. Also - the average craving only lasts a few minutes- so if you can distract yourself in that time, you can last until the craving goes away
(try chewing gum and candy too - that will help
)

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10 years later i still sometimes want a smoke.
The first week or 2 was the hard part. Hang in there, its not easy but you can do it.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best of luck to you and lots of stopping smoking vibes. My mom quit 1 year ago on the 1st of the year. My dad is now trying. You can do it! It just takes determination!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been quit for 3.5 weeks now, and Bruce is right, the first 2 weeks are the hardest
and it really is mind over matter, you really have to be committed to this. I chewed ALOT of gum to help me and try to keep your hands busy too. Best of luck! it can be done!!!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
....Don´t give up my friend!...

you can start again!!

)))))))))))))))))))))))))
(((((((((((((((((((((((((

Sending good vibes for strong on your Will about it!

Go my friend Go!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck!!
I think you can go to the American Lung Associations website for some stop smoking tips.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Major vibes for you - I have been smoke-free for 3 1/2 years now - YOU CAN DO IT!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. This is just what I needed to see when I woke up. I have been up an hour and going nuts esp with the coffee. I can't give the coffee up too so I am suffering through it. It's amazing what your body goes through when you detoxic. My vision is blurry and I am sweating even though it's chilly here.

Holly I hope you joined in the quest!!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

Thanks everyone. This is just what I needed to see when I woke up. I have been up an hour and going nuts esp with the coffee. I can't give the coffee up too so I am suffering through it. It's amazing what your body goes through when you detoxic. My vision is blurry and I am sweating even though it's chilly here.

I swear for the first week, I was literally salivating for a cigarette
just like that

Keep up the great job!! the worst is the first week, if you can get thru that it is all downhill

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's freezing here! Not chilly!
I'm so glad your quitting Michele! Good for you! You can do it! You are strong! You can beat this! We believe in you!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am absolutely dying here. I lit one and let it burn out. I don't know if I can do this. I will never try drugs b/c I can't break an addiction. Going to take a hot shower.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am absolutely dying here. I lit one and let it burn out. I don't know if I can do this. I will never try drugs b/c I can't break an addiction. Going to take a hot shower.
Unfortunately, I didn't join your quest.

However, I need to...I just need to be more prepared and ready, which will be fairly soon.

You can do this, I know you can. Make a to-do list, and keep busy. Drink lots of water...chew gum, and chew hard candy. Stay distracted, and break some of your normal routines you had that would typically lead into a cigarette.

You can do it!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't do this now. I am seeing things flying like dust or bats. I have to prepare better and try again later. I don't know how people do it.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I can't do this now. I am seeing things flying like dust or bats. I have to prepare better and try again later. I don't know how people do it.
None of us will judge you if you can't do it now. Only you will know when it's time......I just pray that your time does come...........we're all here for you!!!