13 yr old phinx

lynnybird

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 13 yr old phinx that has some hair, ever since we lost another female the same age , hes been sleeping and eating and going to the scratch box and back to sleep in his lttle warm blanket on a chair, the vet said a couple months ago that he was healthy for his age and another female kitten may cheer him up even though he was nuetterd. so we got another kittten female and shes really too much playing for him he even hids and sleeps more yet still eats and goes to the litter box like normal,hes got a haqnging growth under his belly in the rear sorta , but it dosent seem to bother him .be cause of his moping around is it his nature because hes just old and tired.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lynnybird

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by puppycat

it could be his old age. What did the vet say about his growth under his belly?
the vet said a kitten would help the older cast become alive they never forget even after nuetring,it didnt make much sense to me and the kitten actually scared to older cat into hiding a lot under his blanket .about the groth that watch it if it gets bigger .

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you properly introduce the two kitties??? I got a kitten when my oldest was 16 it took time but they do play together now...

Has a senior panel blood work been done in the last 6 months???

what is the senior cat eating??

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure you are talking about a SPHYNX - that's the correct spelling. Sphynx have a natural pouch near the belly - its there on a lot of cats - you just dont' notice it with it being covered in fur

At 13 he's NOT old - more of a late middle age - they can live as long as 15-18 or so years. He's approaching older, but not there yet. My cornish rex was 15 1/2 when he died. He was still playing with younger cats/kittens at 13.

Your sphynx may miss his original companion, and maybe a little quieter kitten would be better