my cat is pregnant again plz help

pumpkin89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi

my cat meow well the house cat she was a stray and now is my housemates and i cat she was pregnant when she came to us and had a litter of 4. four months along i have noticed we keeped two kittens that the mother cat is now as big as she was when she first came to us and is attacking her two kittens like she has disowned them. i have noticed that she has been doing a mating call ever since she could walk from having her last kittens and did catch her mating we did try and take her to the vet but she is a very wild cat when it comes to picking her up or trying and taking her places other than that she is wonderful. i am sure she is pregnant again and maybe two months along can some one help me with some info as with the first birth i wasnt much help

cheers
pumpkin89

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pumpkin89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she had her kittens late october 06 and im only just noticing that she is really big and i think her nipples are like they wore when she was pregnant. the kittens dont feed on her anymore and havent for some time now. we did catch her mating and a mating call as she isnt really my cat i didnt take her to the vet but we did try and as she is wild you can tell how much of a mission it was. im pritty sure she is pregnant and due maybe in the next 2 months is it signs of her attacking her kittens a sure sign??

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please do yourself and your cats a favor, and get them spayed and neutered. They will be much happier, and so will you. You can get a cardboard cat carrier at Walmart or any pet store - or you can get a lightweight carrier that is more permanent. The cat needs to be securred in a carrier for the trip to the vet, as cats don't really like to ride in cars.

Check your local phone book for low cost spay and neuter clinics.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pumpkin89

she had her kittens late october 06 and im only just noticing that she is really big and i think her nipples are like they wore when she was pregnant. the kittens dont feed on her anymore and havent for some time now. we did catch her mating and a mating call as she isnt really my cat i didnt take her to the vet but we did try and as she is wild you can tell how much of a mission it was. im pritty sure she is pregnant and due maybe in the next 2 months is it signs of her attacking her kittens a sure sign??
Pumpkin...welcome to TCS. First, it is very important that the kittens are spayed/neutered. Talk to your local vet to arrange a time to take these kittens to be spayed/neutered.

Secondly, it is not healthy for a cat to have litter after litter after litter. If she has access indoors/outdoors..that needs to stop right now. She needs to be confined to a room that is 2 doors away from getting outside and you need to prepare the room with a birthing box, food, water and her litterbox. If you are unable to touch her and are concerned about her getting out of the room, then our recommendation is to get a large dog crate and place all these materials in the crate with the cat.

As to getting her to a vet.....it is best to either use a carrier...or if she is very skittish, use a humane trap. A humane trap will allow for you to take her to the vet without having to concern for your safety or hers. Many groups have humane traps that you can borrow, so check with your local rescue group.

Katie

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pumpkin,

Do you know when she got out or mated? If her nipples are slightly pink already, then yes, that may be a sign. Get her to a vet for confirmation of her pregnancy. And at the same time, make a speuter appointment for her and the kittens from the 1st litter.

If she is pregnant, then you have a choice - a difficult one. The first is to allow her to remain pregnant and have her spayed two months or at least as soon as possible after delivery. The second is to spay/abort her now.

If you choose to let her remain pregnant, put her on kitten food now. She needs the extra sustanance since she got pregnant too quickly after the first litter.

Good luck and if you need help, drop me a PM!!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pumpkin, do you have any idea how far along she is? Do you have a place picked out for her to have her babies....all soft and warm? Would you feed mom kittenchow so that her babies bones can grow strong?

Happy headbuts and soooothing licks from KittenKiya's Clan.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Pumpkin needs to be spayed...please don't allow this to happen to her again.

Good luck, and hopefully all will go well with her this time around.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We must remember that some people do not want to spay a cat that is pregnant and we must be willing to help them through the pregnancy so that their cat can be spayed once the most recent litter is completely weaned.

Pumpkin, we do hope that you come back and we do hope that you will follow our suggestion to keep Meow inside. I know that some areas do not have vets that will perform pediatric spaying/neutering...so it's important to arrange to have the kittens fixed as early as your vet will allow. Meow needs to have her own space at this point so that she can safely deliver this litter. Also, it would be a good idea if you can track down a humane trap. Given that Meow isn't cooperative in going to the vet, a humane trap will allow you to capture her humanely and your vet can sedate her through the trap.

Please let us know how it is going.

Katie

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome, Pumpkin and Meow. I think you have landed in the right place. You will get lots of support if you decide to let Pumkin have this litter, and we will help problem solve and teach you skills so you can help keep the kittens happy, and get her spayed when they wean so she won't get preggers again.

I agree with getting the 2 kittens spayed now. At 4 months, they are only 1-2 months from being able to have kittens themselves! And if they go into heat while your other is preggers or just had babies....well that is just too many hormones (trust me).

What color is your kitty Meow?

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pumpkin, please talk to us. We can't help and support you if you won't talk to us.

Please, your kitty Meow may need some help and advice. Can we please help?

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also would do a spay-abort right now.

Don't cats have a MUCH greater chance of getting mammary cancer if they have litters? I know with dogs that is true.

So many sad kitties in the shelters all over the country.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope all is well with you and Meow!

We're here to help you if that's what you want.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The easiest solution and the best solution is to find a low cost spay and neuter, it's not healthy for the females to keep having litters anyway, and you can sometimes get it done for nothing..Good Luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pumpkin89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi

i have taken everyones advice and keeped meow in a room with lots of space and blankets and her food i have put her on kitten food and made an apointment to get her checked to see how far along she is i think i will let her keep the litter and when she has had the litter and the kittens are older and able to leave from meow i will take them to the nearist cat house where they will find new homes. i have put money aside and am taking the two kittens to the vet this week thanks everyone for your help.
i will keep everyone up two date over the next few weeks

cheers
pumpkin89

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pumpkin, it is so good to hear from you. I am so glad that Meow is OK.

Please stay in touch with us, we want to be able to be with you and help as much as we can.

You are doing the right thing by gong to the vets and having him/her look at Meow.

I am so proud of you !!!!!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pumpkin89

hi
i have put money aside and am taking the two kittens to the vet this week thanks everyone for your help.
i will keep everyone up two date over the next few weeks
I am so glad to hear back from you. I am glad you plan to get her fixed after this litter. Trust me she will thank you. Pregnancy takes alot out of your body just like us humans. Please keep us up to date on Kitten news and we love kitten pictures