My Best Friend is in LABOR!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am soooooo excited it's just nuts! about 2:30 this afternoon my best friend's sister called to let me know she'd gone to the hospital!

My best friend's husband is stationed in Japan so no family is with her. She called her sis about an hour before her sis called me because she was in a clinical class. My phone is glued to me at the moment. A neighbor is going to call once the baby is born so I am eagerly awaiting that call.

I keep reminding myself that it could be a while, like days, but it's not helping! I'm a jittery wreck!

This baby is very special to me. We met in the 10th grade and became absolute best friends in the 11th. I was her Maid of Honor and she was mine. She's wanted nothing more than to be a Mommy since she got married and it took a while, with a few heartaches along the way. So this little girl who is about to arrive is just a true miracle! I'm soooo happy for her and her husband.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Of course I will probably update moments after I get the news of her arrival!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
How exciting!!!!!

Lots of good vibes for her and the baby!!!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting!
I have said a prayer that all goes well, and everyone is healthy and happy
!

edit:
I guess we all think it's pretty exciting!
I gotta start reading the whole thread everytime and then post-LOL!

Keep us updated!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers for a healthy baby from Mississippi, please let us know when the baby gets here.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good labor and baby vibes coming that way. You'll have to update when she has her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lets see....by my count she went to the hospital about 7 hours ago now....and it's about 9 in the morning there. I'm thinking if she has the baby during the day the neighbor would be able to call pretty much right away I think. I hope! I've already told her sis to call whenever, no matter the time or anything!

I called another friend of ours and we chatted for a bit so I think I've talked off some of the nerves. I'm a bit sad I'm not there too. $1200 for a plane ticket is a bit much. I guess I should just focus on the positives right now. I'm about to have a beautiful baby 'niece!'

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I litterally just got the call.
a little 7lb 8oz - 19" long baby girl was born and both baby and mama are doing well!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I litterally just got the call.
a little 7lb 8oz - 19" long baby girl was born and both baby and mama are doing well!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!
Yay! Congratulations to her, and to you for having a new 'niece'! Any name?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Yay! Congratulations to her, and to you for having a new 'niece'! Any name?
Kendal Elyzabeth....which coincidentally is my father in-law and mother in-law's names! Completely not intentional!