How much Bozita for roughly 15 lb. cats?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I just got a delivery of Bozita tetrapacks, which I want to try on Jamie and Miezi, our neighbor's cat who likes to eat her dinner here. Jamie weighs 14.5 lbs., and Miezi about a pound more. They normally each get an 85 g./4 ounce can of all meat food (Almo, Schesir, etc.) for dinner. There are no feeding recommendations on the Bozita packages (380 g. each). So, do I stick with about 85 g. apiece per meal, or is Bozita something that has to be fed in greater quantities?

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stick with the same quantities as most of the wet foods I feed - usually 100g per meal. I get 4 meals out of a 380g pack of bozita and looks about right and Jaffa seems satisfied with that. I never take any notice of the feeding guidelines anyway

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

I stick with the same quantities as most of the wet foods I feed - usually 100g per meal. I get 4 meals out of a 380g pack of bozita and looks about right and Jaffa seems satisfied with that. I never take any notice of the feeding guidelines anyway
That sounds good - so one tetrapack should be about right for both cats for two days?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's a Swedish brand of pet food, made by Doggy AB. http://www.bozita.co.uk/

I've been hearing a lot of good things about it on German forums, so I thought I'd give it a try. It doesn't contain any soy, grain or preservatives.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Radar absolutely loved Bozita when he had it!

I found that one tetrapak was good for 4 meals.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Radar absolutely loved Bozita when he had it!

I found that one tetrapak was good for 4 meals.
I'll split it that way, then. Isn't it odd for a company not to give feeding recomendations?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I'll split it that way, then. Isn't it odd for a company not to give feeding recomendations?
It is a little strange!

I just re-read that your cat is 15lb, Is he just a large cat, rather than overweight? If that's the case he may need a slightly bigger portion, my 4 portions were for an 8 month old of very slender/dainty build.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

It's a Swedish brand of pet food, made by Doggy AB. http://www.bozita.co.uk/

I've been hearing a lot of good things about it on German forums, so I thought I'd give it a try. It doesn't contain any soy, grain or preservatives.
Ooh I like what I read...neat flavors, very nice ingredients. I wonder if it's being sold in the US? Have to go research that

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jaffa is about 12lbs and is an 9 year old indoor cat. He is fairly active for an indoor cat.

I'd say Jaffa loves bozita but, frankly, that's no great recommendation as he loves everything

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of it either. I must see if it is available in France. If not, which stores sell it in the UK? Or must you buy in online?

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got some at the cat show at Olympia- keep meaning to look on t'interweb and get more for Radar as he is usually fussy and he loved Bozita

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

I've never heard of it either. I must see if it is available in France. If not, which stores sell it in the UK? Or must you buy in online?
I've only seen it in one local pet store here in Germany, but many German online shops offer it. I'd be surprised if it wasn't available online in France.
The good news is that both cats love it! Jamie actually deigned to eat it two days in a row. It might just be the novelty, and he could refuse it the next time I give it to him, but it's a promising start. Miezi likes it, but she likes just about any food that's meaty.