Odd people

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A little over a month ago I got a new boss. I worked for the same woman for almost 7 years so I expected some adjustment but I've come to the conclusion that he is just sort of odd. He's married with 2 kids & one time I complemented him on how cute his kids were & he said "Yeah" & that was it. They are cute kids, but really I was trying to be nice & find some kind of common ground with him. He will often look at me like he has something to say, but he says nothing? The latest is that as he leaves at night he will look at me & just keep walking past. No good night, no see you in the morning, nothing he just leaves.
He's a nice enough guy, just a little odd. At first I was a little offended & thought perhaps there was something about me he didn't like or was uncomfortable with (OK I admit it I thought he had a problem with the fact that I'm "Fluffy") but now I think he is just odd.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What do you mean, when you call yourself fluffy? That's a term I haven't heard of to describe a person.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

A little over a month ago I got a new boss. I worked for the same woman for almost 7 years so I expected some adjustment but I've come to the conclusion that he is just sort of odd. He's married with 2 kids & one time I complemented him on how cute his kids were & he said "Yeah" & that was it. They are cute kids, but really I was trying to be nice & find some kind of common ground with him. He will often look at me like he has something to say, but he says nothing? The latest is that as he leaves at night he will look at me & just keep walking past. No good night, no see you in the morning, nothing he just leaves.
He's a nice enough guy, just a little odd. At first I was a little offended & thought perhaps there was something about me he didn't like or was uncomfortable with (OK I admit it I thought he had a problem with the fact that I'm "Fluffy") but now I think he is just odd.
I'm fluffy, and I soo know what you mean.. But I'm sure,, he's just a little off his sorts.. Odd man out.. That kind of thing....

Some people are like that... I make it a point to say bye,, kill em with kindness!!!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

What do you mean, when you call yourself fluffy? That's a term I haven't heard of to describe a person.
Gabriel Iglesias is a comedian who introduced me, at least, to that term... (love him!)

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Maybe he's just shy! And I have no idea what fluffy means! LOL
I know what it means, my mom usta have a sweatshirt, it said I am not fat, I am just fluffy.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sounds like he might just be shy or severely socially inept
or odd

Fluffy women unite!!!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ive never heard the term fluffy before now, but I like it! It could be that he is one of those bosses who really sees himself as "above" others, and as such, has no consideration for good nights, or family discussions?
Which I guess means he is a little odd

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Gabriel Iglesias is a comedian who introduced me, at least, to that term... (love him!)
Isn't he wonderful??!!! I love it when he talks about the levels of 'fluffiness'....the last one being ''DANG''!!!

What a funny guy!

Yeah...but it was funny huh?

I remember there used to be tshirts and little plaques with that saying on them. This is all I found by googling...

Hilda >^..^<

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a 'I'm not fat I'm fluffy' mug at work with a kitty on it! I love it!

I'm not sure what to make of him. Maybe he is shy or just not sure of himself?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I'm not sure what to make of him. Maybe he is shy or just not sure of himself?
Could be that, Or maybe he is kinda like me i the office. I am here to work, not to make friends and be social.

I know more about many of the people here on the forums then i know about the guy that sites next to me for three hours a day. In truth i dont want to know anything about him.

lol dont know but could be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Could be that, Or maybe he is kinda like me i the office. I am here to work, not to make friends and be social.

I know more about many of the people here on the forums then i know about the guy that sites next to me for three hours a day. In truth i dont want to know anything about him.

lol dont know but could be.
Actually that is what I thought for a while, but some of the other women here think he's a little Odd too. I guess it could just be that he's odd to us becuase he are social people. I feel like I have to spend 40+ hours a week with these people, I want it to be a pleasent experience, but I have a hard time being quiet & just working all day (could be because I currently find my job boring)

Having been fluffy most of my life I have come across some really rude/mean people and it's made me a little over sensitive about the way people react to me, but I really don't think that's the case in this situation. (I like fluffy it just sounds nicer than fat)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ehhhh..I wouldn't take it too much to heart. It took me a good year before I talked to a lot of people here. Plus I am the type of person that I don't like people getting up in my business when I don't know them that well.

Anyhoo, if it makes you feel better, my boss and I hardly ever talk. I think the week before Christmas was the most I talked to him all year (and we're a company of 40 people).

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So...am I to assume that "Fluffy" in this case means a bit on the chubby side, as opposed to being on the hairy side?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

So...am I to assume that "Fluffy" in this case means a bit on the chubby side, as opposed to being on the hairy side?
Yep that's exactly what it means. Luckily I'm not very hairy!