water

tracmac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi all
i have a 5 month old male cat and he is obsessed with water.
it includes the loo, (when you flush) the sink (running water) the bath/shower and water in a glass which he knocks over on the table

any clues??? and why???

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
some cats just like certen things. with the flushing of the toliet the sink bath could be he perfers running water to still water . maybe try a cat water foutian , might help with the knocking over the glass lol

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine love to just sit by the sink and watch me run the water (very fine, slowly) and stick out their paws and play with it. Then they like to watch it swirl down the drain and hear the gurgle. They're nutty, but it's normal.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is normal cat behaviour, no need to be so mad. Maybe just try not leaving glasses of water unsupervised, and try a pet fountain like Tasha suggested.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Water is just lovely to look at... the reflections, the patterns, the way it shimmers and splashes... No wonder our cats are fascinated!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

Water is just lovely to look at... the reflections, the patterns, the way it shimmers and splashes... No wonder our cats are fascinated!

I agree completely - much in the same way that I become hypnotized by dancing flames in a fireplace or campfire, and find it hard to look away.

Check this thread to see my boy Ferris as a younger kitten being fascinated by his water fountain!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of cats enjoy water - while not many would enjoy going for a swim, a lot will be fascinated to some degree by the sound and movement of running water.

My cat turns on taps and sits in the sink, splashing about in it, and trying to chase it down the plug hole, he's rarely dry.
He also loves drinking out of a pint glass although his head barely fits in.