Possibly job hunting soon. :(

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't looked for a job in over 7 years! Where does one start? The newspaper? The web? I have my resume ready to go incase the owner here comes in and says, that's it girls. He told us on Monday if he can't turn the company around in the next couple of months, he's going to have to shut down.......

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For starters, I'd look into unemployment- definately. Second, I'd check out any workforce center you have in your town, or area. I've been using the Minnesota Job Bank to search for jobs, but today I had a conference meeting with our Workforce Center and they have services to you, free of charge to help you look for a job, help build your resume/cover letters, and they have endless resources for you to use to find a job. I'd defniately look into that.

Otherwise, the paper is a good place too, I've been looking there, but also just send out your resume to various companies who aren't advertising for employees. Thats how I got my last job. Just send out lots of resumes/cover letters, everywhere!

Good luck Susie!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, I'll definitely sign up for unemployment! Not enough money, but it's better than nothing. What do you get Kenz? Like half of what you made?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh no Susie!! I wish we were hiring here
I would look into temp agencies too, sometimes those jobs turn into permanent positions There's supposed to be a huge jobs classified section in the Feb 4th Plain Dealer, definitely check that out. that just sucks, lots of vibes for your job search!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Start looking now. I'd get your stuff together and send out your information. It's best to know this now, because you can start looking for something better. You never know, you just may find the job of your dreams.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I will start too look, but because I make good money here, I'm going to try and ride it out. Besides, it's just two of us girls here, and I hate to stick it to her if I leave, as she said she'd hate to do to me too...if she left, I'd be sunk.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hopefully it doesn't come to this, but yes, the newspaper, job databases on the internet, and even recruiters. Hopefully it won't be necessary though.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of places post positions on Careerbuilder.com, too. There are a few other sites as well.

Good luck! I hope you get to keep your job.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Job hunting sucks. newspapers, careerbuilder.com, monsterjobs.com, unemployment agency, temp agencies. You will find something Suz!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susie that stinks!

I just applied for a job at a night club to earn some more money!

I hope your company wont have to shut down!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everybody! Sure appreciate all the support!

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no worries - there seems to be a lot of job hunting going on - me possibly included. Here are a few more sites for your to check out.

Indeed.com, jobster.com, simplyhired.com, justposted.com - theses job search enigines include job listings from thousands of web sites including major job boards, top newspapers, as well as hundreds of associations and company career pages.

Good luck to us all!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hell603

no worries - there seems to be a lot of job hunting going on - me possibly included. Here are a few more sites for your to check out.

Indeed.com, jobster.com, simplyhired.com, justposted.com - theses job search enigines include job listings from thousands of web sites including major job boards, top newspapers, as well as hundreds of associations and company career pages.

Good luck to us all!
Oh no, is your job in jeapordy too?

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boss is beeing transferred to Europe mid next month and I have not been made a new job offer as of yet. I am supposed to have a discussion about my job future with the President of the company sometime tomorrow.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hell603

My boss is beeing transferred to Europe mid next month and I have not been made a new job offer as of yet. I am supposed to have a discussion about my job future with the President of the company sometime tomorrow.
Sending good luck vibes to you!!