vbPlaza gift etiquette questions

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've had a few PMs about this, so I thought I would start a poll. When someone sends you a gift, do you feel you have to reciprocate?

At the rate I have been giving out gifts, I figure I will get to everyone eventually. I certainly don't expect anyone to reciprocate when I send them a gift.

How do you feel?

Poll up in a minute.....

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, at the rate I go (a few posts every few months) it'll take me ages to reciprocate to anyone! But when you give a gift (like whenever I have enough to give my first), you do so without wanting anything in return so I'm sure that there's never any pressure to do so. Even if you'd want to... Did that make sense?

And on that note, oh my word you have a lot of gifts!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. I send a Thank you PM back. You give to be sweet and I don't think anyone expects a gift in return.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I totally agree with you both. I received PMs from people like Ari that don't have a lot of points to reciprocate, and feel a bit bad about it.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually send a thank you PM back to the sender. Unless I was planning on sending them a gift anyways, or if I see something thats cute, I'll send it. But usually just a thank you

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i put yes but im not sure on how I feel about it I guess in a way I would want to give them something for being nice but if i would give someone else a gift I wouldnt expect anything in return !!!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, but sometimes you see other peoples user names and you just think.. hmm.. shes just a teenie weenie bit loved!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I don't feel I have to.I just do it.
When I send a gift, I like to get a PM for it though.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I don't feel like I have to reciprocate, but I usually do because I want to, and I have the points to do it.
But if you already have 20 gifts I probably won't send you one because then it wouldn't even get to be displayed.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I said no, because I give gifts because I like to, and there is something special about the people I give them too, I'm sure some of the people I've given gifts to are like "who is this??"
but a thank you PM is always nice
just as in real life, you wouldn't just accept a gift without a thank you, at least that's what my ma taught me
to be honest I wouldn't want to get gifts just because I gave them something, I'd feel cheap

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, I don't get a message when someone sends me a gift.... something must be off....

I hope to give everyone a gift someday, so that'll be thanks enough!

Pickle anyone???

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only given 1 so far but no I don't expect anything back. A thank you is always nice though.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A gift is a gift - it isn't given with the expectation that one will be given in return. Even if the gift is virtual.