Ugggggg.........snow again

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it
It's cold and wet and makes for messes on the roads.It's snowing pretty hard right now.The kids had a snow day yesterday and then today were on a 2 hour delay.If it keeps coming down like this, there won't be any school tomm. either.Which is FINE by me.
That's the ONLY good thing about snow, I get to spend time with my yahoos when they get the day off of School.
It's suppose to be 17 here tonight.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand completely! Our first snowfall was the week after Thanksgiving--all 14" of it! By mid-December the snow was gone & the temps were in the 50s. Two weekends ago we had an ice-storm---4 solid inches of ice! I've lived in Illinois all my life and I've never seen anything like it! Since then we've had a couple of more snows, the last one 5". And the ice is still there, under the snow (I think the snow is keeping it insulated ). We've only had 1 snow-day this year, thankfully. My 'yahoo' is 17 and is absolutely bored to tears when she has to stay home.
Keep warm!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! I almost wish we got snow down here but then we had two ice days last week and I was miserable... dumb drivers and the whole city shut down! Hope it warms up for you!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you don't like snow, but I bet your kids do.
We have only had a dusting here 2 days in a row, and school was closed...when I lived in NY we had to get a foot to cancel school

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Send me the snow!!
Wish I could!!! I hate it.

Yes, my kids love the snow ONLY when they get to stay at home.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got I think around 15 cms of snow the past few days.. and by tomorrow we are supposed to get 15-20 more. As well as a temperature drop to -17 degrees celsious.

My poor naked dog, I think I need to get her a pair of boots now! Winter was being so nice to us, until the past few weeks.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really can't stand snow, but being a teacher, I do dig snowdays...I would love them even more if that meant that we had to go later into June for make-up days.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I hate it
It's cold and wet and makes for messes on the roads.It's snowing pretty hard right now.The kids had a snow day yesterday and then today were on a 2 hour delay.If it keeps coming down like this, there won't be any school tomm. either.Which is FINE by me.
That's the ONLY good thing about snow, I get to spend time with my yahoos when they get the day off of School.
It's suppose to be 17 here tonight.
I can't stand it.. it's cold here too.. It's like 23 degree, and it's supposed to drop to 10.. 10 come on that not a degrees it an age... Uggggghhh.. I feel for ya,, i'm in those same shoes.. LOL

Heather

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when I lived in NY we had to get a foot to cancel school
It's odd how many snow/cold days schools take. Around here, if the wind chill is too low, they'll actually cancel school! Apparently, some parents complained about their little darlings having to stand at the bus stop in the cold. Hellloooooo---that's what coats & gloves are for

I can only remember 1 snow day way back when I was in school; we got let out of high school an hour early 1 day because it was snowing like crazy. The public schools were letting out early, so the private girls school I attended had to comply with their bus schedule. (Honestly, nuns don't let you out of school for anything!)

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're supposed to get another 3-6" of snow in the western and southern parts of Denver-Metro (where I live). This makes 6 weekends in a row that we've had snow. Even with our warm up this week the snow/ice hasn't melted off many of the side streets - now it's worse with parts being melted more than others.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Sorry you don't like snow, but I bet your kids do.
We have only had a dusting here 2 days in a row, and school was closed...when I lived in NY we had to get a foot to cancel school
We call off school or at least delay it when they are forecasting snow!