Pix of Biscotte

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I managed to get a couple of pix of Biscotte the barn kitten. She was not happy about having the light flashing in her eyes and ran away a couple times, but these two are OK. How old would you say she is? I am concerned because the last two nights there has been a cat in the yard and I don't know how quickly I should trap her and get her neutered. I don't want to do it before it is necessary as I am reluctant to bring her in the house before I have to, to clear the air of the ringworm. But I can arrange something if necessary.

But isn't she sweet?

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Biscotte is adorable!
We have a kitten at the shelter where I volunteer that looks exactly like Biscotte.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is lovely!

What a dilemma though, you don't want her exposed to either ringworm or pregnancy, or indeed whatever diseases the tom may be carrying. Do you have a warm secure shed or outhouse where you could confine her away from the ringworm while she is recovering from spay surgery, or even just to keep her away from the intruder?

It's a tough one, but my instinct is that ringworm despite being horribly difficult and messy is cureable, whereas FIV and FeLV are not.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure exactly on her age, but am willing to bet old enough to get pregnant

aside from that, look at that little chubby bunny!! that last photo definitely shows her purrsonality too, looks like she's smirking! seems she might have some exotc short-hair in there somewhere based her flattish face

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really the only way to determine her age would be to have a vet check her teeth...

She definitely looks old enough to have a litter...
I would look into trapping her and having her spayed ASAP, if she isn't pregnant already.

Biscotte is adorable! What a cute little face!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so pretty Jenny, if she should happen to be pregnant you can bring me a kitten next time you visit (just smuggle it in in your pocket, because John keeps saying no more cats)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's an absolute darling, Jenny! I'm no good at guessing age, but I'd bet a fair bit that she is old enough to get pregnant.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She looks old enough to get PG to me too.
What a beautiful soft shade of gray she is and her face is adorable.

Jenny...I think that she need to be neutered ASAP.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have absolutely no idea on age, but I must comment on how lovely she is. She looks so soft and touchable.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I have absolutely no idea on age, but I must comment on how lovely she is. She looks so soft and touchable.
I thought snuggle kitty (when she will let you).

She is gorgeous.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I have started the process of trapping her. I haven't touched her the last ten days or so, so she is a bit wary again, but I put her food this morning just inside a cat carrier and I am sure within a day or two she will be right inside. She comes and sniffs me but is a bit skittish if I bend down. I want to keep her a day or two in the house before taking her to the vet, and work with her so she is not freaked out by being touched when we get there. And I can't get anywhere at the moment anyway, we are snowed in. The oother cat has not been around, there are no tracks inthe snow, so maybe he/she was just passing through.