So I'm mad at DH, right now!!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay.. I need to vent.. I'm soo mad at my DH right now......

This morning I woke up late.. So I didn't get to work till like 9am. So I have to miss lunch today.. Usually at lunch time,, I go home pickup my DH and bring him into work,, he works 12:45 to 9:30. So it just works for us.. Well I can't go to lunch since I was running late, and I told him to wake up and take me to work and my daughter to daycare. Well he got all mad at me.. and blah blah blah, and grumped around and took me to work and my daughter to daycare..

In the fight and rage, i forgot my lunch.. So now, I'm strarrrvvvinnngggg... I was hoping he would be nice enough to bring me something to eat before he came to work.. Well it's like 12:20,, and i don't think that is gonna happen.....

Uggghh.. I'm soo mad at him... Maybe I'm being stupid..

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was hoping he would be nice enough to bring me something to eat before he came to work..
Did you expressly state this to your DH? If not, lack of communication will get you no where. Don't count on him thinking of it on his own...and if he does not, you have no right to be angry for unexpressed needs.

I'm sorry your schedule is off and it threw a wrench into your routine. I don't like when that happens either.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it a guy thing or what
Day before yesterday, I went to the office early, w/o breakfast cuz my DH is SLAMMED with cases...didn't get lunch, cuz of waiting around for clients to come by; missed the bank; on his way back from court, he called and I asked for him to get me some sort of snack at the gas station....guess what he forgot
And then, we had some more clients come in after hours, so I ate breakfast after 10:00 PM...And when I asked him "Oh, where's my goodies - I'm so starved" he just said, "Oh, I forgot...and by the way, this needs..." And only one client thanked me for staying after hours.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CDubbie

Don't count on him thinking of it on his own...
That's the clincher I think! After 26+ of marriage (for us), you just can't assume that they will do ''stuff'' on their own.

Sometimes, you just gotta hit 'em up side the head with it...with your thoughts that is
...they aren't mind readers...nor are we.

Hang in there...I don't know where you work, but is there a vending machine somewhere closeby? I know its not great but maybe better than starving...

Good luck!
Hilda >^..^<

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, most of them dont think! Just tell him that you want him to bring it for you!

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

About 95% of mens brains are in their pants, so technically you have to tell him what to do
I'm pretty sure I'm offended by that- and that I'd be warned by a moderator if I made a similar comment about women

Sorry you are having such a bad day angelkitty- I often feel like this when I miss lunch

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

I'm pretty sure I'm offended by that- and that I'd be warned by a moderator if I made a similar comment about women
Aww I think she was just joking. For the record I think my DH is very smart and his brain is almost always in his head!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As my Jeremy is so fond of reminding me; "We're men, we don't pick up on hints, even if they slam us in the head!"

I hope your day gets better

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry your day started off rough!

But like others have said...if you didn't tell him, then you can't really fault him. I know how upsetting it can be to expect your man to do something (without being told to do it) that is thoughtful...like bringing your lunch in when he sees that you've forgotten it.

But, it's rare enough that it IS sweet and kind...if he did it all the time, then he wouldn't get any "points," so to speak. lol

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Sorry you are having such a bad day angelkitty- I often feel like this when I miss lunch
Aw it wasnt supposed to be mean! ill edit it for you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

That's the clincher I think! After 26+ of marriage (for us), you just can't assume that they will do ''stuff'' on their own.

Sometimes, you just gotta hit 'em up side the head with it...with your thoughts that is
...they aren't mind readers...nor are we.

Hang in there...I don't know where you work, but is there a vending machine somewhere closeby? I know its not great but maybe better than starving...

Good luck!
Hilda >^..^<
Ohhh I'm soo tired of nagging, he alwasy says I nag!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

He'll just have to make dinner tonight, then!
Yeah right!!!!!!!

That won't happen.. as much I wish!!!