How much time do you spend?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scooping you litter boxes each day. I was thinking about it while scooping after my two. Two boxes, about 3-5 minutes each. not really that bad. Except I have to sweep around the every time I scoop because they track litter EVERYWHERE!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No time

But that's because dealing with the litter tray is Nate's job (I find it difficult to pick up both the tray with litter in it, and the bag of fresh litter, because of my arthritis).

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spend ten to 15 minutes a day and since I switched to litter liners it takes alot less time to change the litter. Because I don't have to scrape out the pan just pick up the liner there was a bit of litter in the pan but it was the dry litter and I just poured that little bit into the trash and then picked up her newspapers and I was done.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like 5 minutes, it doesnt take long when you do that everyday. But I usually vacuum around them everyday too, since a little bit of litter gets into the carpet in a days time.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

I spend ten to 15 minutes a day and since I switched to litter liners it takes alot less time to change the litter. Because I don't have to scrape out the pan just pick up the liner there was a bit of litter in the pan but it was the dry litter and I just poured that little bit into the trash and then picked up her newspapers and I was done.
I use 2 litter liners, this way, if they scratch through trying to "bury their business" I don't have litter spraying through, with 2 liners, I can just pull the drawstrings, and carry it to the trash!

Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Except I have to sweep around the every time I scoop because they track litter EVERYWHERE!
two words: dust buster!
problem solved!

I spend about 5-10 minutes, and 1/2 of that is spent with one leg and arm fighting Louie out of the box and then out of the "poop bag" all the while scooping with the other hand!
(that is where he gets hollered at the most!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

I spend about 5-10 minutes, and 1/2 of that is spent with one leg and arm fighting Louie out of the box and then out of the "poop bag" all the while scooping with the other hand!
It would be fun to watch you scoop boxes!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I use 2 litter liners, this way, if they scratch through trying to "bury their business" I don't have litter spraying through, with 2 liners, I can just pull the drawstrings, and carry it to the trash!

two words: dust buster!
problem solved!

I will have to use two litter liners next time I have already changed the litter this time I just started using litter liners so still learning. But I really like them.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh Ben does the samething to me. He is fascinated with Poo! The last time I changed the litter he was in the pan before the liner was. Thankfully I scoped him up before he could do anything.

I spend about 5 minutes a day. Most of the time I am using the dust buster to pick up all that litter. We have a mat for them but they hate it.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
with my 7 boxes, if i scoop everyday it takes about 10 minutes, but if I get lazy and skip a day, it takes 20 mins
I also have a scooper watcher, Gaia, she will jump right in as soon as I take the lid off
so I jsut move on to the next box while she is doing her business

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh well, its not the scooping that take me time.............its the sweeping up !

Dino is a major digger and he throws it everywhere, sometimes there is more litter outside the box than in

Miss Moofs takes forever covering, so I have to wait til she makes a neat pile, before she lets me scoop

Pepsi usually uses our garden !