being mean what to do!!!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok well Stormie has been a little idk how to put it but mean lately, she got spayed at the begining of the month and all went well but since then she seems to like to torture the other animals as in the guniea pigs and of course sugar who mind u is bigger than her, she is constantly putting her paws in the cages and freaking them out so i shake the water bottle and only sometimes does that work. Also we have had the new cats since well when she got spayed, we have done small introductions and everything but she doesnt even want to sniff them out or anything
she just automattically hisses at them and tries to swat them and they wont even be near her she just goes up to them and does it, I feel so bad because she is in my room and when she is out she doesnt really go downstairs or anything but she starts picking on poor blue and tessa and the dogs, well pretty much everyone in the house except for Bella !!!! She even hissed at willie when she seen him today and he is the king of this house and man he was confused
hes the hisser and growler and she beat him to it tonite!!! I am loosing my patience with her and I am trying not to but it just seems that she got fixed and she seems meaner now, like i said shes picking on everyone, she doesnt really cuddle she barely did then but she did at nite and now she doesnt even cuddle
she also has become more vocal and she is always hungry
but what cat isnt!?! Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly greatly appreciated....this is just confusing me i kno she is an independent cat but why did she get fixed and become meaner, she used to run from the dogs now she goes up and hits them with her claws all the time and they are some big labs and they wont even be bothering her same as the other kitties, I feel so bad for blue because everyones picking on her and she just looks, shes even afraid to walk near her so more or less i let bella out somewhat but stormie if she starts acting up then she got to go back in my room!! Is there anything I can do, I am just soooo clueless to all of this..and also Stormie is only 6 months old and the house we got her from was full of cats and shes only been here since october and she and bella took so well and i just dont know why she doesnt even want to kno the other kittens or anything

puppycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wasn't sure if I understood but it sounds like you said you did get new cats after her spay? Please correct me if I am wrong. Adding new family members along with the stress of surgery can make for a grumpy cat. Bringing in new additions will make for some re-ordering within the "pack". She might be taking this time to establish her self as alpha. On the other hand lets hope she is not having any comlications from her surgery. Check for signs, is she going to the bathroom, does everything look normal, eating, drinking, etc?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by puppycat

I wasn't sure if I understood but it sounds like you said you did get new cats after her spay? Please correct me if I am wrong. Adding new family members along with the stress of surgery can make for a grumpy cat. Bringing in new additions will make for some re-ordering within the "pack". She might be taking this time to establish her self as alpha. On the other hand lets hope she is not having any comlications from her surgery. Check for signs, is she going to the bathroom, does everything look normal, eating, drinking, etc?
O no she healed up fine after her surgery, and I didnt do any introductions til maybe a week or 2 later...i was soo worried about Stormie after she got fixed i tried to tell her not to play with bella and she was up and ready to go even tho mamma would yell at them because of her stitches
but I didnt do the introductions right away Bella got to see the other ones and she only growls when they try to play with her things, mind u she ate with the other kitties fine so Bella is not a worry to me, but stormie even before her spay started hissing at everyone and we thought that maybe its cause she wasnt fixed, but after her spay she was well confined in my room and i didnt really do introductions with stormie right away !!! I recently maybe over the weekend really started them with stormie and all she does is hiss and growl, and today blue was underneath the one thing so stormie jumped on top of it and started growling and hissing trying to smack blue so of course I pulled Stormie out of there!! Blue is so scared I just dont know what to do with stormie she is just acting up including in my room with the other ones that been here since she was and they dont bother her at all...but stormie is using the bathroom even as i type...she has learned to cover her poop which she didnt do when we got her at 10 weeks so she is learning she is just being so mean to everyone, and she definetly is a mamas girl tho...my mom thinks that i spoil bella and stormie
Stormie wont even let me hold her that much so I dont kno i guess because i give her treats and buy toys everytime i go to the store
but her spay went perfectly fine i think next week we go for more shots though....and i think she is trying to establish herself as the alpha but she no's she ranks under bella in the house hold
and Bella even gets along with them for the most part, and sometimes Stormie sees it, she gets more attention than the others well her and bella at least from me because im their mother and i baby them but she sees me petting the other ones and she automatically goes to them, but she does it even when i am not petting them. Now she did get along the other night for the most part when I had treats out with everyone but soon as the treats were gone we went right back to being mean, so idk wat to do now !! Everyone is fixed tho !!!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im having the same problem , lilly who was spayed about 3 months back used to be such a loving cat , as soon as she was spayed she turned into a complety different cat , as soon as she sees any other cat in sight she growls hisses ( even her own kittens) and ones that she has lived with for over a year and got very close with. i can no longer pick her up without it sounding like im killing her , she screams the house down , shes been vet checked and they say shes in perfect health. shes eating drinking using the litter tray with no problems. but she has just turned into the devil cat , she will litturally go to one of the other cats and just attack for no reason , even my alpha male who is the hisser he wont bother her either now lol . but she mostly goes outside and if she cant go outside then she starts moaning at me . (shes in every night)

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i take it no one else has any answers to help then lol . ok , maybe since she is older now and we have a few more cats , its just a thing of her not wanting to be apart of a large cat group no more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

i take it no one else has any answers to help then lol . ok , maybe since she is older now and we have a few more cats , its just a thing of her not wanting to be apart of a large cat group no more.
I guess no one can help us
at least i know i am not alone with this
Stormie is just known as the bullly of the house well so is midnight but he has met his match against Bella
shes bigger and shes a female she can take him, she even has the dogs in line
! But stormie she just hisses at everyone and then runs, I feel so bad for Blue shes getting picked on by everyone
So I am still having VERY VERY close introductions well I sit there and I watch and i stay close
just to make sure nothing happens to poor blue, and sometimes i just have to put Stormie back in my room because I just dont know what to do !!! And if the other ones are playing shell try to join and then hiss at the other cat, and me and stormie play fetch and she will go up and down the steps and if someone else goes after her toy even if she is close or going to it she hisses and runs back upstairs and waits for them, I am loosing my mind
I just dont know what to do
I just never had a cat that became mean after a spay you know !!! So i am hoping that maybe someone sees our posts here and has some ideas for us of what we can do !!!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

Ok well Stormie has been a little idk how to put it but mean lately, she got spayed at the begining of the month and all went well but since then she seems to like to torture the other animals as in the guniea pigs and of course sugar who mind u is bigger than her, she is constantly putting her paws in the cages and freaking them out so i shake the water bottle and only sometimes does that work. Also we have had the new cats since well when she got spayed, we have done small introductions and everything but she doesnt even want to sniff them out or anything
It is possible that during her time at the vet's office she had some scary moments. Perhaps she was caged next to an extremely anxious cat, or the room was to noisy. She might have felt you had abandoned her and this is causing her to act out. I wouldn't use a water bottle, that is just me. I would put the guinea pigs and the other smaller animals into a room where Stormie can't get to them just yet.

she just automattically hisses at them and tries to swat them and they wont even be near her she just goes up to them and does it, I feel so bad because she is in my room and when she is out she doesnt really go downstairs or anything but she starts picking on poor blue and tessa and the dogs, well pretty much everyone in the house except for Bella !!!! She even hissed at willie when she seen him today and he is the king of this house and man he was confused
hes the hisser and growler and she beat him to it tonite!!! I am loosing my patience with her and I am trying not to but it just seems that she got fixed and she seems meaner now, like i said shes picking on everyone, she doesnt really cuddle she barely did then but she did at nite and now she doesnt even cuddle
she also has become more vocal and she is always hungry
but what cat isnt!?!
She really sounds to me like she is just stressed out. Adding more cats to her home will bring out her own alpha tendencies and she doesn't want to lose her place in the home. She needs time to be by herself for awhile. I am not sure what you mean by small introductions, or how soon you introduced her to the new cats. If she has no place to get away from the crowd, she may become the new bully on the block. She isn't doing this to get you upset or mad, she is doing it because she is protecting herself from the rest of the group. You may know they won't hurt her, but she doesn't know this. And again, she could have been scared or hurt accidentally when she was at the vet. There is also a possibility she had a bad reaction to the anesthesia (depending on what they used) and it has affected her somehow.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly greatly appreciated....this is just confusing me i kno she is an independent cat but why did she get fixed and become meaner, she used to run from the dogs now she goes up and hits them with her claws all the time and they are some big labs and they wont even be bothering her same as the other kitties, I feel so bad for blue because everyones picking on her and she just looks, shes even afraid to walk near her so more or less i let bella out somewhat but stormie if she starts acting up then she got to go back in my room!! Is there anything I can do, I am just soooo clueless to all of this..and also Stormie is only 6 months old and the house we got her from was full of cats and shes only been here since october and she and bella took so well and i just dont know why she doesnt even want to kno the other kittens or anything
Stormie has had to deal with a lot of changes. Cats like routine, and when their routine is disrupted they get upset or even ill. Sounds like a pretty crowded household of animals and it may take time for her to re-adjust. Have patience with her, sit quietly with her on the floor read her your homework, or a few chapters out of a book. Be sure she has her own litter pans so she doesn't have to share, and just let her be for awhile. If you can, buy a comfort zone room diffuser and plug it in in your bedroom.

Good luck