Virgin Mobile owner-need help

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok been on customer service 3 times so figured i will ask ppl who have done this. My phone started acting up this am...jumping menus making random calls....so they are sending me a new phone...when i transfer my phone to the new one will i have the pics on new one? I have 96 pics and some are of the cat I put to sleep monday. that is the most important thing...also what about my address book, ringtones, games i paid for...i got 3 answers so i am not trusting them...thanks so much for any input. have been happy with service until today so please dont bash for going with this company(who i am having thoughts about on thier customer service....)

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would think that all you would have to do is put the old chip into your new phone unless it's deemed something with the chip. Other than that, I'm not sure. I hope everything works out for you

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Check first where you saved your data - whether in the unit or the sim card (chip). If it's been saved in the phone you should either transfer (like the photos) to a computer or send them directly to the new phone. You can also move everything to the sim card (may not be large enough though) to make the transfer easier.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I know when i've saved photos on my mobile and change my existing sim card to a new phone the pictures stay on the old one.
Yes, photos are stored in the phone. That is why they should be transferred to a computer if you want to save them.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Yes, photos are stored in the phone. That is why they should be transferred to a computer if you want to save them.
I must get a proper cable for mine to transfer them, because i've got lots of them stored along with a few videos as well.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to get a USB docking cable for your old phone if one didn't come with it (you often have to buy these things separately
) - make sure it's the right cable for that model because there are lots of different ones. Then you can transfer the photos onto your computer.