My husband made me dinner!!!

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was really craving something for dinner tonight other than fruit (which is what the kids had for dinner) and was going to run up to the fast food store up the road. My husband told me not to and said that he would make something for me (we've both been trying to eat more healthy.) He made me two HUGE omelets and brought them to me just now. Wasn't that so sweet?!!! I have such a great husband!!!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"What a man, what a man, what a man, whatta mighty good man {what a mighty mighty good man}..."

That was MY American Idol moment for the night, in the spirit of praise for your wonderful hubby!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

What a guy
Did they taste good?
They did! My daughter and I shared them and then Sneezeweed munched on the leftovers (while I wasn't looking!!!)

What a great guy Can I borrow him for a few days, so he can teach my boyfriend to cook?
Send me his email address and I'll make sure my husband writes him with detailed instructions.

My husband is actually a wonderful cook - much better than I am - and he comes up with these combinations I would normally think are GROSS but they taste really good!

lottomagicz4941

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cooked Meat loaf for my wife. She didn't eat it though because she made a taco bell run on the way home from work.

The meat was on sale and it would have started to turn browish soon. So I felt the need to cook it.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LottomagicZ4941

Cooked Meat loaf for my wife. She didn't eat it though because she made a taco bell run on the way home from work.

The meat was on sale and it would have started to turn browish soon. So I felt the need to cook it.
Aren't you a nice fellow! I love meat loaf and would much rather have that than any old Taco Bell. Unfortunately my hubby does not like meat loaf (one of the very few things he doesn't like) so I don't make it very often. He is good about it though - he'll eat it if I make it.

He gets home about 45 minutes to an hour before me so he just calls me on my cell on my way home to ask me what we are having - not that he has any plans on starting it or anything.

I actually don't mind - I like to cook, we both like good food and I never have to change a tire, fix an engine, fill my windshield fluid, take out garbage, etc., etc. - so it all works out.

lottomagicz4941

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Aren't you a nice fellow! I love meat loaf and would much rather have that than any old Taco Bell. Unfortunately my hubby does not like meat loaf (one of the very few things he doesn't like) so I don't make it very often. He is good about it though - he'll eat it if I make it.

He gets home about 45 minutes to an hour before me so he just calls me on my cell on my way home to ask me what we are having - not that he has any plans on starting it or anything.

I actually don't mind - I like to cook, we both like good food and I never have to change a tire, fix an engine, fill my windshield fluid, take out garbage, etc., etc. - so it all works out.
I'm not very mechanical. Took the ASFAB? the test for the Army to place you. For mechanical reasoning I was in the bottom 20%. But over all I made the top 20 percent. Recruiter really wanted me to join after scoring so well. But I took the test right before Christmass. When I told my uncles I was going to join the Army. They were like are you nuts we got drafted.

So if it hadn't been for Chrstmass and my uncles talking me out of it I would have joined the military.

We do have AAA and I wasn't to happy with them when I drove off the road. The driver insisted on me getting a police report before towing me. So I lost my clean driving record. AAA reignbursed me for the police tow which was against my wishes. I told them I had AAA.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think your wife needs to realize how lucky she is....and put that durn Taco Bell in the :censor::censor::censor::censor: for her lunch tomorrow!!! OMGoodness!!!

The hubby is a great cook but doesn't do it often enough. Last week when I was down with the flu/cold/thing, he did make me breakfast & lunch and brought them both to my bed...
awwww, what a sweetie!

Cheers to you!
Hilda >^..^<

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

That is so sweet! I'm sure she appreciated it. Most husbands wouldn't even notice that the meat was going bad!!! Did your wife have it for dinner the next night? (Hilda, my guess would be that she had already eaten on the way home.
) My husband HATES my meatloaf. He's never said anything bad about it, but after the third time I made it (in about a 6 month period) and he choked it down he said very nicely "Rina... would you not make meatloaf anymore?"
I got the hint.

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

That truly is wonderful!! What did he put in them?
I was hoping to avoid this question!

They started out with all the normal stuff... mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese... and then, because we didn't have any other types of meat in the house, he put roast beef in them!!!
They were really good, though. My husband has a knack for strange food combinations that really taste good!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is very sweet!!! Isn't it soo kind when they do things like that for us!
Colin had dinner and everything ready when i got home from work last night
It was really sweet!