Davidson vomiting... again :(

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, here we are again, a few days later- with the vomiting

This morning it was the bile, only once, a little bit- wasn't TOO concerned... then a few minutes ago, he threw up, and it was like undigested food- like he ate too fast, he had sat down to eat about 1/2 hr before that, but not a lot.

He's been walking around meowing all night...

Do you think this is cause for a vet visit?

The reason of his vomiting I thought, was because he had drank some milk out of my glass, more than he should have.

Any suggestions? Or should I make an appt. with the vet tomorrow to have him checked out?

(BTW: He's just turned 7 months, and not yet neutered, I've been saving up for it, I should be able to make an apt. within the month)

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The way I see it is if you have a bad feeling about it..it can't hurt to go the vet to put your mind at ease.

The vomitting could have something to do with the milk. Maybe he's lactose intolerant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

The way I see it is if you have a bad feeling about it..it can't hurt to go the vet to put your mind at ease.

The vomitting could have something to do with the milk. Maybe he's lactose intolerant.
I thought it was from the milk too- but he went 2 days without getting sick... and then again it happened again this morning. And then tonight

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its so frusterating- after he gets sick, he plays and acts normal- I just wish he could tell me whats wrong

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I would at least call the vet, it will probably put your mind at ease
I'm going to have to call him again tomorrow... I called him when he first started it, and he said to watch him.... I wish the poor little guys could talk!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear your Davidson isn't holding down his food. I had a cat that was lactose intolerant everytime he got into the milk or anything dairy he would throw up 3 times to be exact. This happened every time.

A call to the vet would be a good idea. You may want to let the vet know he drank some milk before he got sick.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would call the vet Mackenzie...you can never be too careful with kittens (even though he's a big boy now) and what they get into. There may be something he ate that can damage him inside and if you wait too long it could be bad. Let us know how he is.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that you should call the vet. Poor Davidson. I hope his tummy is better soon. I know what you mean about wishing they could talk to us.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mackenzie i hope your little boy is ok, but your doing the right thing by getting in touch with the vet. I came in the other night and noticed one of my two had been sick but it was all unchewed kibbles and i know it was Rosie because she's terrible for not chewing them

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Davidson. I would really give the vet a call and try to get him in ASAP Kenz. I will be keeping him and you in my thoughts and prayers!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
poor guy!!

I would definitely call the vet. He may have eaten something that he's having a hard time digesting. Or perhaps he has developed an allergy to the food.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rocket and Isis do this. Isis not to much, Rocket more frequently.
I've asked over and over at our vets about it and they just skirt the issue saying things like, it's because he is allergic to chicken, ok but he doesn't EAT chicken, then they say well it could be because he's eating very fast, um no that's not it either, Rocket picks at the dry food one kernel at a time, ok then they tell me just to keep an eye on him and make sure he's not consistantly doing it, Um hello? would I be bringing it to you attention if he's NOT doing it more then I think he should? GOD IDIOTS! Isis is only once in awhile. Twig too. Luna never does it, just hairballs, no food. (YUCK!) It's Rocket and I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's going on with him, so if you hear something, let me know please?

I hope you figure out what's going on with Davidson. He doesn't sound like a happy kitty.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Davidson, I'm sorry to hear he's having problems with vomiting. Vomiting seems to be so common in cats, so don't worry your not alone. Sash vomits sometimes up to several times a week, and some weeks not at all, he's been doing this for two years now. But he's always been an occasional vomiter, it just has gotten more often as he's gotten older. Sash's is usually undigested dry food, whole pieces, he doesn't chew them just swallows them whole. I also see pieces of fur often if I look through it. Is Davidson overgrooming lately? He could be trying to get up a hairball too, Sash will often vomit food for a while until the hairball or hair actually comes up. Maybe that's all it is. I do agree it's probably a good idea to take him to the vet though. I will be thinking of both of you.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

Rocket and Isis do this. Isis not to much, Rocket more frequently.
I've asked over and over at our vets about it and they just skirt the issue saying things like, it's because he is allergic to chicken, ok but he doesn't EAT chicken, then they say well it could be because he's eating very fast, um no that's not it either, Rocket picks at the dry food one kernel at a time, ok then they tell me just to keep an eye on him and make sure he's not consistantly doing it, Um hello? would I be bringing it to you attention if he's NOT doing it more then I think he should? GOD IDIOTS! Isis is only once in awhile. Twig too. Luna never does it, just hairballs, no food. (YUCK!) It's Rocket and I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's going on with him, so if you hear something, let me know please?

I hope you figure out what's going on with Davidson. He doesn't sound like a happy kitty.
I'll for sure let you know. Its just started happening since Maxximum Nutrition changed their formula- Harley hasn't had any problems. He's never thrown up (to my knowledge) besides a hairball or 2 a long time ago..

I'll for sure let you know if I figure anything out, its so frusterating, I feel so bad for him when he throws up, afterwards he comes and cuddles with me... at least he knows I'm here for him

Originally Posted by lisalee

Poor Davidson, I'm sorry to hear he's having problems with vomiting. Vomiting seems to be so common in cats, so don't worry your not alone. Sash vomits sometimes up to several times a week, and some weeks not at all, he's been doing this for two years now. But he's always been an occasional vomiter, it just has gotten more often as he's gotten older. Sash's is usually undigested dry food, whole pieces, he doesn't chew them just swallows them whole. I also see pieces of fur often if I look through it. Is Davidson overgrooming lately? He could be trying to get up a hairball too, Sash will often vomit food for a while until the hairball or hair actually comes up. Maybe that's all it is. I do agree it's probably a good idea to take him to the vet though. I will be thinking of both of you.
There's usually no hair- just clear bile (
) but last night was like undigested food. He hasn't been overgrooming- not at all actually since Harley grooms him, or I brush him everyday other day- he's very pampered

So far, no vomiting. I just got home so I'm going to call the vet in a few minutes.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

poor guy!!

I would definitely call the vet. He may have eaten something that he's having a hard time digesting. Or perhaps he has developed an allergy to the food.
Thats what I was worried about too-the allergy- I've been SO lucky with Harley, never having any health problems, just my luck to have my little baby sick

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I just called my vet and made an appt. for tomorrow at 10AM. Luckily, they DO have a payment plan, where I can pay what I can afford each month. Thank god!
So- its $40 to get him checked out, but any additional she said of course would be more. But since we've been going there actively for 2 years, there isn't a problem getting it charged on a payment plan.

Tomorrow...10AM, lets hope this vomiting stops!

I think we'll also make an appt. to get him neutered as well.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh I am glad hell get to see the dr ....