Is it your cat's goal to trip you too?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear Reeses wants me in a cast
Every day she tries to trip me atleast half a dozen times. This is accomplished by either:

1) Running past me as I'm walking and then cutting in front of me

2) Walking in front of me slowly, mechnically moving into my path no matter which direction I turn.

3) Walking in front of me slowly stretching her back legs so I can't get by, then she flops on her side and wants to be petted.

4) Same as #3 except she doesn't warn me with stretching, she just walks in front and suddently flops on the ground.

Thankfully she senses when I'm carrying something that stains our carpet and doesn't do it to me then

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rocket does it in the middle of the night, when we are half asleep in the dark. It's nice to fall on your face at 3 am and then have the kitty that tripped you come head butt you for scritches.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely, Duke walks about 3 feet in front of me and all of a sudden flops down on the floor in front of me. It was a huge problem when the kitties were home for Christmas with my disabled father... Dad's not very good on his feet at the best of times let alone doing the side-step-stutter-step around the cat.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Radar is similar but more often he runs between my feet to instagate his favourite game of 'kitten chase' where I follow him around and put him back in living room

I worry more about steading on him than tripping to be honest

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

Rocket does it in the middle of the night, when we are half asleep in the dark. It's nice to fall on your face at 3 am and then have the kitty that tripped you come head butt you for scritches.
Scritches? Do you mean stitches?

The cutting in front is the worse though. She'll be on the other side of the living room, see you heading down the hall and she'll run like a bat out of he-double-hockey-sticks and get ahead of you just to cut you off

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Scritches? Do you mean stitches?

The cutting in front is the worse though. She'll be on the other side of the living room, see you heading down the hall and she'll run like a bat out of he-double-hockey-sticks and get ahead of you just to cut you off
OMG! I just about fell out of my chair I laughed so hard!
She sounds like a little Rocket wanna be!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ben & Molly do this to me in the kitchen. I think they are hoping I will drop some extra food for them.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout only tries to trip me if its slippery (I have snow on my shoes)..If I'm carrying something heavy...or if I'm on stairs

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tripping every human in the house is the life goal of Annabelle and Elliott.
It's bad enough in the daytime but at night..OH GOD I've almost gone down the steps head first more times than I can count.
It's not so bad at night with Elliott, he's white so at least you have a 50/50 chance of seeing him...but Annabelle is a Tortie so you don't stand a chance of seeing her.

I think she's out to kill me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

OMG! I just about fell out of my chair I laughed so hard!
She sounds like a little Rocket wanna be!
She is. I should try and get a video of her the next time she's doing laps around the house, which won't be long

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitties are forever trying to trip everyone
i kno everytime i walk up or down the steps Blue follows me and she zooomss up them, and i kno the dogs go on the side with the less room to make u move over as well
but blue and tessa love to run up and down the steps but they do stay around ur feet and they cut u off all the time, i try to not fall or anything u gotta be careful with those 2 they are some trixters
and well bella will follow me upstairs because she doesnt like to be downstairs that much if i am not there
stormie doesnt even go downstairs so nothing to worry wiht the steps, but blue and tessa like i said u can be anywhere in the house and they are going to try to trip u although its more blue than tessa, and stormie tries to run in front of u and everything and rolls over and meows they are out to get us i swear

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before I got Tomas, Sho used to enjoy running and trying to cut me off or beat me into rooms. When he was really worked up he'd tackle the back of my legs, usually with enough force to make me nearly fall
as a kitten he would tackle us off the back of the sofa when we walked by. Now he works off the extra energy playing with Tomas and I'm spared. He still enjoys playing "speed bump" though, usually tripping me on my way to the kitchen in the dark because he just lays there.