Member Poll: The Gift Menu

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just changed the gift menu so that all the gifts can be seen with radio buttons beside them. The other way is to have it as a drop down text list. I'd like to know which format our members prefer when selecting a gift because there are pros and cons to each. For example, the radio button view doesn't show names and some items are hard to identify. The banjo looks like a baby rattle to me.

Radio buttons with graphics pros:
-can see all gifts at once.
-may make it easier to choose a gift.
Radio buttons with graphics cons:
-graphics may load slow for some.
-you can't see the name of the gift.

Drop down list pros:
-no time to load.
-you can see the name of the gift.
Drop down list cons:
-can't see the gift until you click on the name.
-takes longer if you want to view some gifts first.
-can't see all gift names at once.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I voted for the drop down list. I can't tell what half of the things are without having the name next to it.
The easter egg is particularly freaky without knowing what it is ...and still is a little starnge when you do!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I voted for the drop down list. I can't tell what half of the things are without having the name next to it.
The easter egg is particularly freaky without knowing what it is ...and still is a little starnge when you do!
Thanks. Now I know what to get you.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I prefer the drop down menu as some of them need descriptions and it lessens the chance of clicking on the wrong gift.

I do like having all of them together also though to look at, but perhaps as a sticky (with the gift names beside?) rather than the menu?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Thanks. Now I know what to get you.
Pickles. She likes pickles.

Or bananas.

My two cents: Either option is fine by me, but I know a few folks have had issues with accidentally sending gifts to themselves or the wrong person. Any kind of "preview your gift choice" thing out there? Just a thought, I have so few of them I had to share.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The big con with being able to see them all at once is that on several of them you can't tell what the item is.... I know that the drop down menu takes an extra few minutes to work through to see what the gift looks like, but at least you know what it is.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like seeing the images, and then picking based on that....If a banjo looks like a rattle, when I see it next to your name Ill think rattle! Plus, when I finally saved up enough points to send someone something, it took me forever looking at everything one by one!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the drop down list too, but it doesn't matter to me, whatever everybody else wants is fine with me. I am pretty flexible.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My big problem with the radio buttons with graphics is that I honestly cannot tell which button to click to get which picture. I don't see correctly & I am unable to tell which item I will be getting.
I'd much prefer the drop down menu.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like seeing the item but do miss the names of them. It's a tough one.
Could you make a sticky of what they look like so when we shop we can see it also?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I change my vote? I like the drop down one better!! I just bought a gift and had a hard time figuring out if I had the right one.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Drop Down list Ryan.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I voted for the drop down list, basically because of the name thing.

Sweaty armpits are not good 2 go... unless it's a woman that's really my type.
Women don't sweat. They glitter and glow.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do like seeing them all at once, however 2 things I realised:

1) It might take a little longer for those with dial-up
2) Some of the radio buttons aren't lining up with the picture (i.e. I went there saw the radio button at the end of one line for the gift that started the next.

So I went with the Sweaty armits. Theres nothing sexier than that. Especially if it formed because they sat on the couch all day