Davidson gave me a heart attack!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darn cats.

So, I'm in the living room, and do a quick scan and notice that Davidson isn't anywhere to be seen.

So...
I check the bedroom. Nope.
Under the bed. Nope.
Bathroom. Nope.
Storage room. Nope.

Then I start to panic- I hadn't left the apartment all day, except to get the mail, so I go in the hallway, nope, no kitty.

I go in the bedroom and ask Harley where he might be, he rolls over and wants rubs... odd.

Frantic, I go in the kitchen and grab the treats and shake their jar, which usually brings them both out of hiding. Neither one show up.

I go in the bedroom. There's Harley, on his back waiting for rubs. STILL. So I sit down, rub his belly, and ask him again
Where is your brother?!

He yawns, lets out small meow... and out comes Davidson, from John's closet, the door was slightly closed and he must have been behind his dresser.

CATS!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you hate it when they do that to you? I've spent hours looking for Madden before, and all of a sudden he comes wondering out from some secret hiding place looking at me like "what in the world is your problem? I knew where I was!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Don't you hate it when they do that to you? I've spent hours looking for Madden before, and all of a sudden he comes wondering out from some secret hiding place looking at me like "what in the world is your problem? I knew where I was!"
Thats the look he gave me too!
Ugh... I hate when they do that!!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sláine did this on Saturday. We had a repairman over, and we couldn't find her for the three hours he was here (he had to keep the door open, so we were carefully patrolling the cats. Anyway, at the end, BF's convinced that Sláine has gotten out, and goes out into the backyard carrying Slayer to try to entince her back. No sooner is he outside than Sláine climbs out of her hiding place (naturally, a space to small to fathom a kitten getting in).

koukou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tammy did that once. She was only small and still working out stairs and how to pull open ajar doors. I was doing the nightly count up to check everyone was in and safe and I couldn't find her. I searched the house high and low and no Tammy. I couldn't think that she had got outside as the door was shut the last time she was seen so she had to be in the house. Eventually bad light stopped searching and I had to call it a night. And in the morning.... one small ginger kitten (Tammy) sat at the food bowl demanding breakfast. Never did find out where she hid...... and the others won't tell me!!!

K xx

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've learned over the years when a cat doesn't want to be found you can find them. Still doesn't stop me from looking and freaking out when I can't find them!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just drives me crazy when they do that!

When Naomi & Mia first moved here, Mia used to love to run into the garage every time the laundry room door was opened. One time, I don't know how this happened, but I'd been out grocery shopping and when I drove up I hit the garage door opener. I got inside the house with all my stuff but when I went to shut the garage door, I noticed something moved in the shadows and it freaked me out since we live out in a forested area...I thought maybe an opossum had gotten in our garage! Well, of course Mia whizzed past me into the house! She was scared, cold and full of spider webs! I have no idea how long she'd been in there but it scared me to think that she might have gotten outside. I'd been gone for several hours...she could have gotten out and lost in the woods!

Hilda >^..^<

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
darn cats giving their mama's heartattacks
, i remember this one time Stormie when we first let her out of my room to venture I had to run the sweeper and I kept looking under the bed and I didnt see her and then I went in the computer room and looked (thats more of a storage room
) and no kitties and i am going crazy 3 hours later she comes out from under the bed she was hiding good back there she came out and meowed i was like u little brat

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I lost Bean like that once. Searched the house for a good hour. Turned out it was just sleeping under a chair, and since it was dark I hadn't seen him when I looked. Sure gives you a scare though.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Titan, better known as the "squirrel warrior" just did that yesterday. He never disappears unless he has bolted out the door between our legs into the backyard to chase a squirrel. So, we of course know where he is and we bring him back.
Last night we noticed he wasn't around. Called him...nothing. (he normally comes running). My wife went into freak-out mode instantly, because it was dark outside and it dawned on her that she hadn't seen him in awhile and both of us had been in and out of the backdoor several times.
I'm trying to keep her calm, but getting a little worried myself, because he never hides.
After some frantic searching, we find out he's been locked up in the laundry room, lazily lounging on a high shelf with a bengal smirk on his face. Bad boy!

Boy were we relieved!

I definitely can relate to what you were going through, but my wife can more than likely completely and totally understand!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Titan, better known as the "squirrel warrior" just did that yesterday. He never disappears unless he has bolted out the door between our legs into the backyard to chase a squirrel. So, we of course know where he is and we bring him back.
Last night we noticed he wasn't around. Called him...nothing. (he normally comes running). My wife went into freak-out mode instantly, because it was dark outside and it dawned on her that she hadn't seen him in awhile and both of us had been in and out of the backdoor several times.
I'm trying to keep her calm, but getting a little worried myself, because he never hides.
After some frantic searching, we find out he's been locked up in the laundry room, lazily lounging on a high shelf with a bengal smirk on his face. Bad boy!

Boy were we relieved!

I definitely can relate to what you were going through, but my wife can more than likely completely and totally understand!
I'd be freaked out too- yikes!!

I'm glad you all know what its like, he seems to do this more and more each day, I think he's thinking its a fun game.... yeah, for him, not for me!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luna does that too. I always do the Cat head count before I leave and she sometimes disappears to the basement and will not come when I call her. I get so freaked out that Brad has to call me when he gets home and tell me that she's fine and in the house. I think they like the send the meowmys and daddys into panic modes.