Valentines Day

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you celebrate it?
I know a lot of people think its a Hallmark holiday- last year we weren't going to celebrate, but John surprised me and got me a gift, I don't think we will be celebrating this year- but I was wondering how many people do?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll give my kitties some extra special scritches that day, but otherwise, it's just another day to me. Do you think the fact that I'm single has anything to do with that?

Oh yeah - I will probably buy my daughter a little chocolate, just because.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well since I'm single, the kitties are my Valentine's, so I may hand out some treats and catnip

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Yes we celebrate it, it is our Anniversary, and I have always loved Valentines Day, because I LOVE HEARTS
Awww, thats so romantic, my dad proposed my mom on Valentines Day!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Valentine's Day and I don't care if it is a "hallmark" holiday
My fiance and I don't buy Christmas gifts for each other, we just wait until Valentine's Day

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't celebrate per say. He'll usually get me some chocolate, a bunch of flower (NOT roses), or a live plant and I usually get him a cute card and some peanut M&M's. Beyond that we don't do anything really. We prefer to make a big show of our love on random days through out the year! Instead of once a year.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't care if it's a hallmark holiday. My boyfriend and I always do something special, and give each other a gift. I think it's nice to have a day to remind someone just how much you love them.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually go out to dinner, which we only do about once a month, and get each other a small something. We haven't had many to celebrate yet.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I don't care if it's a hallmark holiday. My boyfriend and I always do something special, and give each other a gift. I think it's nice to have a day to remind someone just how much you love them.
I think its nice too- I'm sure he'll get me some chocolate or flowers, but nothing bigger than that (although I wouldn't object to some jewlery!
)

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Valentines day has never been celebrated in my life!

Still waiting on some guy to give me a bunch of flowers and kisses!

Last year my mother got me a rose for valentines day it was so cute!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't buy gifts anymore, but we will go out to dinner or maybe make a nice dinner at home if we're not working that night. Honestly, it's never been a big thing for us so we don't stress if we can't spend it together or do something special.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Valentines day has never been celebrated in my life!

Still waiting on some guy to give me a bunch of flowers and kisses!

Last year my mother got me a rose for valentines day it was so cute!
Awww, I'll send you flowers Fran!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That is so sweet Mackenzie, Awwww!!!

My DH actually planned our whole wedding and we went to Puerto Rico to get married
Awwww!

My fiance proposed to me on Feb. 15th because he said it was too common to do it on the 14th
I knew it was coming and was devastated that it didn't happen on Valentines... looking back the extra day made no difference, but at the time it sure did

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Valentines Day?? If there was a smiley shooting itself in the face, I would use it right *here*.

It will be my first Valentines day as a single girl...will someone shoot me? Please?

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think valentines day is great..even when i was single...
dan thinks its stupid, and last year i spent that day with the dentist getting my wisdom teeth pulled and in a whole lotta pain..but I did get carnations...my fave flower from Dan..so it wasnt all to bad.

but yay to red hearts.
..chocolate candy
....roses
and good company
! no matter who it maybe (I spent valentines with friends before and even my ma
)

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is so sweet Mackenzie, Awwww!!!

My DH actually planned our whole wedding and we went to Puerto Rico to get married
Your DH planned your WHOLE WEDDING! I am jealous!!

Well, maybe not. If my husband had planned our wedding we probably would have been eating hot dogs as the main course!
And lord only knows what the flowers would have looked like!

My mom told my husband, and my dad, that they had two jobs during the wedding planning process: Shut up, and show up!! My mom, sister and I planned the whole thing.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Awwww!

My fiance proposed to me on Feb. 15th because he said it was too common to do it on the 14th
I knew it was coming and was devastated that it didn't happen on Valentines... looking back the extra day made no difference, but at the time it sure did
Oh MY Gosh, I bet it did make a difference
But that's sweet that he wanted to be different. I think my DH chose Valentines Day so he would never forget our Anniversary

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Valentines Day?? If there was a smiley shooting itself in the face, I would use it right *here*.

It will be my first Valentines day as a single girl...will someone shoot me? Please?
NAT, it's about LOVE, you love Trout and she loves you
Also It's not V-day yet you still have time to find a HOTTIE!!