I am going ot get Phantom!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am leaving in 30 minutes to get my girl and take her home! I am so excited! I can't beleive how quiet my house was without her. I don't know what we did before she joined us! Phenom has enjoyed it though!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woo-Hoo! Homecoming! Just don't forget they will likely be some hissing on both girl's part...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hissing is pretty normal in my house!
Phenom is stuck up!
She gets aggrivated easily by Phantom too.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Woo-Hoo! Homecoming! Just don't forget they will likely be some hissing on both girl's part...
Trout hissed at ME when I picked her up from the vet after her spay

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

She was really mad with you huh!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

She was really mad with you huh!
Um, if someone dropped ME off at the doctor's against my will and gave me a hysterectomy, I'd be be pretty mad too!

I'm sure all will be fine after a few days: are you going to try to keep her calm and quiet? After Emma's spay the doctor was like "try to keep her from jumping on things" and I said "Um, I don't know if you noticed, but she's a CAT".

I did let her sleep/hang out in the bathroom with some towels and blankets for the first day, mainly to keep Oliver from trying to roughhouse with her. She seemed glad to have the privacy, for once!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woohoo!!!! You'll be amazed at how energetic she'll be
Apart from the shaved belly, you'll never know she had anything done

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am leaving to get her now! I will let you all know how things went in the morning!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

When I picked Maggie up she acted like it was like no big deal, but that may have been because the vet tech thought she was so cute that she carried her around when ever she could. Apparently Maggie sat on her lap for 20 minuets at a time while she did paper work. My vet is expensive, but it was worth every penny when I knew how much love she had received.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Dori did the same thing, and growled at me too! It broke my heart at the time, but I am over it

Hope Phantom has done well

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah! You've probably already left but give her lots of love! Neither of mine we're too upset with me when I picked them up. Of course, Wickett was still under sedation so I was actually his safety when I got him home. I sat in the bathroom with him almost the entire time her was recovering.

I bet she'll be glad to be home too!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Wickett was still under sedation so I was actually his safety when I got him home.
Java & Cable were also still very groggy when i picked them up. they were spayed in the morning & i picked them up about noon, then brought them home to sleep it off.
the funniest thing that happened was Java, sleeping so deeply on my shoulder, that she peed on me in her sleep!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

After Emma's spay the doctor was like "try to keep her from jumping on things" and I said "Um, I don't know if you noticed, but she's a CAT".

Same here with Mia! LOL! I'm like...how the heck do I keep her from jumping on stuff??!!! What I did was keep her in her carrier for a while...comfied it up with lots of soft towels and blankies. She seemed to not mind it. I kept her with me to check on her though...didn't leave her alone or in there for too long. I'd let her out to go potty & eat and then I'd put her back in there for a bit. I know it wasn't nice but she's just soooo active...jumpin' & climbin' on stuff....I didn't want her to hurt herself.

Hope your lil' one gets through all this ok! Much love for Phantom & you!

Hilda >^..^<

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

Java & Cable were also still very groggy when i picked them up. they were spayed in the morning & i picked them up about noon, then brought them home to sleep it off.
the funniest thing that happened was Java, sleeping so deeply on my shoulder, that she peed on me in her sleep!

Aww... now thats love.

I took Wickett to the Neuter Scooter. Dropped him off in the morning and picked him up in the evening. They did over 100 cats that day and he was in the 80's so he was still very out of it. It was heart breaking to hear his cries and to see him try to eat only to watch his head flop into his food bowl cuz he couldn't hold it up.
But by morning he was back ot his usual troublemaking self.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Aww... now thats love.

I took Wickett to the Neuter Scooter. Dropped him off in the morning and picked him up in the evening. They did over 100 cats that day and he was in the 80's so he was still very out of it. It was heart breaking to hear his cries and to see him try to eat only to watch his head flop into his food bowl cuz he couldn't hold it up.
But by morning he was back ot his usual troublemaking self.
Yah I've gotten my girls same day as well, and I think if they're going to be groggy and confused, I'd rather them be home in a safe place, with familiar smells, and me to comfort them.

But in saying that, both Stumpy and Smudge were ready to play by the time I got them home the same day