Okay, I officially HATE frozen meals...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always try them , and everytime I do, I am sorely disappointed. Today for lunch I brought a frozen Michelinas rice dish..and it is
and now I am going to starve

I am never buying frozen meals again, I have never actually enjoyed one...bleh!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried them once and they were NOT good (any brand!) I never have any luck finding any good ones
And they look so good on TV!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never tried those things. Once you open the package & seem them frozen, they look like crum, so I just never bothered to cook & eat one!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just about the only one I like is the Banquet Salisbury Steak meals with Corn and Mashed potatoes.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to buy the lean cuisines, but they changed the recipe so now they don't taste good.

The only ones I will buy at the South Beach diet ones. But usually its just the pizza.

I agree though Michalinas
Last one I had tasted like the cardboard box it came in (and I wrote them too!!)

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
have you tried Stouffer's? (red box) I've had some of those and they were fairly good, love the mac 'n cheese

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I have a bunch of those michelinas rice things in the freezer but I haven't ate any of them yet.
I prefer to just keep leftovers for lunches, when I cook I make it for 4 instead of 2 and then freeze two portions for lunches for us

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try the non-frozen 'meals'. Like Dinty moore beef stew. They are much better than the frozen meals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

have you tried Stouffer's? (red box) I've had some of those and they were fairly good, love the mac 'n cheese
Yeah Stouffers pasta meals aren't that bad...but they still gross me out a little..Something about a frozen meal doesn't scream YUMMY to me

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just remembered that I get these little frozen chicken and turkey pot pies that I love. I think they're made by Swanson. Not sure if that counts as a "frozen meal" though, but it only takes 4 minutes in the micro.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I don't blame you they are all disgusting to me, the closest I come to one of those is a frozen pizza, and that is rare.
I usually don't mind frozen pizza..but any frozen meat is just toooooooo much..
It tastes so fake.

My ex used to work in a food factory where they made frozen lasagnas for a company who shall remain nameless..BUT he said that it was so hot working over the vats of sauce that they would actually SWEAT INTO THE LASAGNA SAUCE!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I usually don't mind frozen pizza..but any frozen meat is just toooooooo much..
It tastes so fake.

My ex used to work in a food factory where they made frozen lasagnas for a company who shall remain nameless..BUT he said that it was so hot working over the vats of sauce that they would actually SWEAT INTO THE LASAGNA SAUCE!!!
Ok. I won't be eating any more of those meals. Thanks Natalie!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I LOVE STOFFERS MAC N CHEESE!!!
I wait the hour for it and cook it in the stove....the sides get dark and it tastes soooo yummy!!! add some garlic pepper and we're in business!
but other than that....YUCK! half the time I am worried it isnt even real meat that I am eating..its all blah and rubbery. NO THANKS!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a few that tasted good, but they never fill me up. And I don't usually eat a whole lot for lunch anyway.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Amy's frozen meals are pretty good because they're made out of actual ingredients and no scary weird unpronounceable chemicals. Most of them are vegetarian and some are vegan: I like the country vegetable pie: it's a little pot pie w/ a whole wheat crust and a bunch of yummy veggies in a creamy cheesy sauce. YUM!!!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lady who runs the cat rescue buys me some sort of brand of frozen meal.. the fettichini alfredo. (because sometimes I have to stay over lunch time and I get hungryyy) Anyway, I enjoy them. Though I'm not really picky about what I eat.