A rule of cat hair

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always figured I didn't have much trouble with cat hair. Oh, I saw some here or there. But I vacuum and dust once in a while, and cat hair just didn't seem to be much of a problem. It still isn't, but I now know why not. It's been secretly collecting and building up out of sight and out of mind.

Yesterday I had to look under my computer cart for some reason and was surprised to see all the cat hair under there. So I started looking around and discovered lots and lots of cat hair in the places I don't normally dust and vacuum. Lots of cat hair in nooks and crannies, under desks, behind computers and entertainment systems, behind doors, and so forth.

So, it's not that I don't have cat hair in the house, it's that the cat hair knows better than to stay out in the open. And I learned a rule of cat hair: cat hair seeks a hiding place, a place where it can collect and build up, a place where you don't see it, and place where it's probably just biding its time. Waiting to spring out when you least expect it.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh, sorry, there was a serial killer was behind me, waiting to kill... But then he choked on a hairball that jumped out of the closet.

It could happen to you. And a hairball just may save your life.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are funny!

I find cat hair in places where the cats can't even fit. Under the shoe racks, under the computer monitors, under the fish tank stands. I mean comeon, I know cats like to hide, but is it so implanted that when they shed, their hair has to also?

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well my bella likes to hang out on my comcast box and surprisingly she fits
but i was cleaning it the other day like my whole dresser which has a t.v., a dvd player, a vcr, and the cable box, and lots and lots of movies, and one speaker to my stereo and I moved everything the other day and o my I am finding cat hair out of everywhere there
i was soo surprised....now I have to literally sometimes take some of the keys off my labtop because there is so much cat hair
and i just dont know how it gets in there, bella rarely sits on there ( I am afraid of her breaking it
she did break her cat carrier and she was less lb's then
) and Stormie i dont let her on it and sometimes she listens and sometimes i just have to move her but u would be surprised, I am so afraid to look in hiding spots like the corner in my room which is blocked off
SCARY

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, the lil' furrballs just end up everywhere! We have hardwood or tile everywhere except the 3 bedrooms and the fuzzies just blow around everywhere! I like to use a Swifer broom to catch all of it. Nice thing about the Swifer is that it can reach into alot of nooks and crannies that a broom can't...like under stuff mainly. Oh yeah, its good for cleaning high walls too!

Hilda >^..^<

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

I find cat hair in places where the cats can't even fit. Under the shoe racks, under the computer monitors, under the fish tank stands. I mean comeon, I know cats like to hide, but is it so implanted that when they shed, their hair has to also?
and lets not forget how the He** did cat hair get inside a closed laptop? i had never taken this laptop apart, and when i opend it up to replace something inside of it there was cat hair inside !!!!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How else did you think kittens are made?

My two are actually quite kind to me. They wait until I have just vaccumed, and THEN they redecorate my carpets. I come home to find great wads of ginger colored fur in splotches here and there, on carpets throughout the apartment.

All I have hiding away in hard to reach spaces are Ferris' fuzzy mouse hoardes.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

How else did you think kittens are made?

My two are actually quite kind to me. They wait until I have just vaccumed, and THEN they redecorate my carpets. I come home to find great wads of ginger colored fur in splotches here and there, on carpets throughout the apartment.

All I have hiding away in hard to reach spaces are Ferris' fuzzy mouse hoardes.
I had a kitten stuck in my vacuum hose
at least the furball stuck in there was the size of a kitten...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eh....I quit trying to get rid of the cat hair. And if nothing seems to pick it up, just use a fleece sweatshirt! Mine always have cat hair on them. I put a fleece sweatshirt with a huge hole in it that I was no longer going to wear under the computer desk. Now the cat hair accumulates on that & I wash it peridodically!

koukou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think my cats have a system when it comes to fur depositing. The black ones are in charge of getting pale things (throws on sofas, rugs...) covered in fur and the lighter ones are in charge of furring dark things (my husbands trousers, my coat) Any fur that is left is then randomly scattered to the four corners of the house....How they get fur on the top of wardrobes is beyond me .... but they do!!!

K xxx