Introducing Myself and my kitties!

kady05

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all, I'm new here and figured this would be my first post!

We have 3 cats at my house (still live with my parents). I'll introduce them all now

Kitty (don't ask, he came with the name, and responded to it, so we didn't even attempt to change it) is 'my moms' cat (although we all love him to death!). We adopted him from a local shelter (Animal Assistance League) when he was 6 about.. 7 years ago I believe. So that makes him 13. He came to us with a TON of issues, biting, peeing/pooping in random places of the house, he was just a mess. We actually tracked down his old owner and got some more info. on him. Apparently her husband kicked him (explained the fear of men, and feet), and they had him his whole life, got a new kitten, he didn't like the new kitten, so they gave him up
. So he's now been with us for 7yrs. and is a completely different cat. Very mellow, loves men now (he's my dads buddy), no biting, etc. Here's a picture of him:

Toby is one of my boys. I got him a couple days before Christmas of '03 when he was about 8wks. old. So he's going to be 4 this year. We adopted him from another shelter (Virginia Beach SPCA). He is MY baby. He resembles a dog in personality, and lets you do pretty much anything to him. I carry him around like a suitcase (just my hand under his belly) sometimes, and he just hangs there. He's pretty big as well, weighs about 14-15lbs., but it's all muscle (says the vet). Kitty welcomed him really nicely, so I have no idea what his old owners were talking about. Here's some pictures:

(his collar says his name in rhinestones
)

and lastly, our newest addition, Sneak. I brought him home on Christmas Eve this year from the barn I work and board my horses at. He was born around Oct. 1st '06, so he's still a baby. My barn owners daughter had brought him home from the vet office she worked for because him and his 2 other litter mates were going to be put down if no one adopted them. She was going to give him to her sister to take to college with her, but their mom said that they should probably try to find him a better home (she travels alot for horseshows and such, so she's not home much). So I made the mistake of going to look at him. Brought him home, and for 2wks. my mom kept saying 'NO!', and that we'd have to find him another home. But she finally gave in, and now he's here to stay. Kitty accepted Sneak great as well, but Toby was a different story. He hissed, growled, and just wanted nothing to do with Sneak for about 2wks. But one day it was like he had a complete turn-around. Now they're the best of friends, and Toby finally has a younger cat to play with, so no more pestering Kitty! Here's some pictures:

and there you have our little cat family. We also have 2 horses, 2 yellow labs, and 4 dumbo rats. It's quite the zoo here
. Oh, my name is Kady, and I'm 19. Horses are my main 'deal', but I love all animals.

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Kady,

Welcome to TCS and your babies are so cute. I also have 3.

Helene

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
welcome to the cat site, our ur furbabies are soo cute
I cant wait to see more photos of ur babies they are just soo cute
well see u on the forums

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kady! Welcome to TCS!

All 3 of your babies are GORGEOUS, can't wait to see more photos of them!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Kady, and welcome to TCS!

Your cats are absolutely beautiful! I am in love with them all. If I were you I wouldn't be made a Kitty's first owners for giving him up...it was the only nice thing they ever did for him.
I'm so glad he's had the last seven years in a place where he is happy, safe, and loved.

If you have any questions as you find your way around the site, please feel free to click on my username and send me a private message. I do what I can to help you.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, Kady, to you and your gorgeous family from my girlies and me!!! We're so glad you've joined us! Please feel free to contact me any time, I'm always happy to help in any way at all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kady05

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Your cats are absolutely beautiful! I am in love with them all. If I were you I wouldn't be mad at Kitty's first owners for giving him up...it was the only nice thing they ever did for him.
I'm so glad he's had the last seven years in a place where he is happy, safe, and loved.
That is true! I posted a question over on Health & Nutrition if any of you have any suggestions! Thanks for the nice welcome

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to you and your cutie-pie kits
Its great here theres always something to do or see, oh and we have a bit of fun now and then

Its great to have you all here, enjoy the forums !!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Kitty, Toby, Sneak, Kady, and family,

to TheCatSite and THANK YOU for rescuing multiple cats!
Kitty is so handsome.
I won't say what I'd do to the #*(@ who hurt him.
You can well imagine that. It's just great that he found his way to you. Toby and Sneak too.
We are all rescued here, indoors-only, spayed/neutered of course, and the light in the life of our devoted servant, who's a lifelong cat lover/advocate/rescuer. So glad you all found us here, and look forward to seeing you on the forums. Thanks also for sharing your stories and pix -- ALL of your furbabies are adorable!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Kady
we're so happy to welcome you and your furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

Your kitties are so gorgeous - your post is just full of love for them, as Kelly said it sounds like Kitty's previous owners did him a favour by enabling him to find a loving home with you

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome. Those are some great, crazy pics of your babies.

Hope you have fun here. I've found it's a very busy site, and everyone's really very nice.

See you around.