Wanna hear about my crappy day!!! VENTING!!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a messed up sucky day!
Here's how my day went:
1) I get half way to work this morning to discover - I don't have my pocket book. No pocket book = no credit cards, no ATM's, no license.
2) I approached a work zone on my way to the office and slowed way the hell down (like you're suppose to and like I always do since they've been working here forever!) and as I'm going through it a state trooper steps in front of my car then backs up a couple of feet (so I almost ran over his toes) and starts screaming at me to slow down. How much slower can I go?

3) I get to work and find out that the project we worked on last week was apparently done wrong and the manager is pi$$ed. Well come to find out we didn't do it wrong - he neglected to give us all the directions so we have to do the whole thing over

4) I get to the caff cause I forgot to pack my flippin lunch, but I only have $10 on me (please refer to item #1 as to why
) My car is also out of gas so I need to budget food and gas on $10. (I have a 40 minute commute to work - you do the math). So needless to say half the stuff I can't afford and other half I can't eat cause I"m on WW.
5) I called our computer dudes at work to get macromedia flash installed on my computer because I can't install it myself due to all that admin crap. Well they can't just install it - I need to submit an entire service request for it over the intranet and get approval for it. Wanna know why I wanted it? So I could log my food on the WW website.
A tad embarassing to have to say why I need it.
5) I leave work and get to my car and there's a flippin parking violation sticker on it!
Mind you I parked in a spot that people have been parking in since the day I started working there. It's always full of folks and today it happened to be empty so I took it. There is not a single "do not park" sign around it. The parking spot is between two concrete barriers that flank the parking lot - it's the perfect spot. Hello! If you don't want people to park here - MARK IT!!!
6) The sticker they put on my car (our local company bozo's mind you - not the police) is 8" x 4" and bright orange. Do you think they stuck it some place easy to take off? NO! It's right smack dab in the middle of my drivers window completely stuck on! So after commuting home with it looking like and idiot, I can't get it off. I've tried wetting it, scrapping it, using Goo-Gone - it won't come off! Now it's all shredded and when I open my window all those shreds are going down inside.
7) On the way home, I get my whole $5 in gas and pray I make it home - only to get stuck behind a school bus most of the way.
8) I'm almost out of oil now and can't get any till Thursday when I get paid so I'm freezing.
9) I find out my grandfather is sick (he has severe emphysema and it's extreme high risk when he's sick). But - being as stubborn as he is he want's to go for his bloodwork anyways, but doesn't want to go to the lab that's 5 minutes from the house - he wants to go 35 minutes out to the old hospital he use to go to.
Well he can't drive so he has my father drive him. Mind you now - he is sick and my father is a kidney recipient who catches colds very very easily because he's on immune suppresent drugs.
10) they get to the hospital to have blood drawn and my stubborn grandfather insists he now wants to see the doctor. My father tried to tell him he needs an appointment, so did the receptionist, but he's stubborn and winds up with an appointment at 2:30. This was made at 10:30. So for 4 hours my sick grandfather and my suseptible dad are hanging around together in a hospital waiting room with other sick folks.

11) one last thing. I find out the cat I have been watching for someone is going to be here 2 more weeks. Now I love cats (obviously), but this one has done nothing buy hide for a whole month now and I am very worried about him and anxious to get him back to his mommy so he can relax again.

Sorry that was so long - I had to vent!!!!
Here's to Wednesday being better.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phew I am exhausted and angry for you, too bad you didn't call in sick today. Many hugs and good vibes for a better tomorrow
And many healthy vibes for your Dad and Grandfather.

Don't forget your purse tomorrow!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Phew I am exhausted and angry for you, too bad you didn't call in sick today. Many hugs and good vibes for a better tomorrow
And many healthy vibes for your Dad and Grandfather.

Don't forget your purse tomorrow!!!
I'm just glad I found the purse. I actually couldn't remember where I had left it this morning and went into a bit of panic mode!

Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

Sounds like a compleetly SUCKY day. I don't think i've ever had a day quite that bad so you take the drink I was saving a chill a little tonight
Thanks for the drink!!! I needed it!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

I'm just glad I found the purse. I actually couldn't remember where I had left it this morning and went into a bit of panic mode!
I would have doen the same!

I hope tomorrow is much better!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a day! I'm tired just reading about it!

The one thing I would consider doing is writing a complaint to the building about their parking violation sticker. That's horrible!

And I really hope your Dad or Grandpa don't come down with anything. I HATE hospital vists for just that reason - there are so many sick people there.

Sounds like you got the rest of the month's rotton stuff out of the way all in one day! (At least I'm hoping so!)

Laurie

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I'm just tired reading thru your post! I really hope tomorrow is better for you!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whoa, what a crappy day! I would have stayed in bed! I hope tomorrow brings you wonderful stuff, you deserve it, threefold!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that really is a pooey day!!!

As for the sticker, try peanut butter. Leave it on for a while, and then it should get the sticky stuff off. I use this trick on anything that leaves a sticky reside and it has ALWAYS worked.

I hope your day gets better!!!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sounds like a very crappy day, hope tomorrow goes much better!

pssst, if you click switch to original points tracker you don't need flash (its a little less user friendly but works)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG, that's a shocking day! If it's any consolation, you made my day so much brighter in comparison!

Tomorrow go stick what's left of the sticker on your project manager's head, and you'll feel better already.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The security here uses similar stickers (only huge)- they say you need to use rubbing alcohol and an exacto knife. I hope your week starts to look up. You had a horrible day!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

What a day! I'm tired just reading about it!

The one thing I would consider doing is writing a complaint to the building about their parking violation sticker. That's horrible!
Originally Posted by babyharley

Wow, I'm just tired reading thru your post! I really hope tomorrow is better for you!
Ummm...ok...everyone is tired reading through my post. That's not cause of my day - I just think that's cause I'm long winded.
Sorry bout that - it was kind of long.

Originally Posted by emrldsky

Wow, that really is a pooey day!!!

As for the sticker, try peanut butter. Leave it on for a while, and then it should get the sticky stuff off. I use this trick on anything that leaves a sticky reside and it has ALWAYS worked.

I hope your day gets better!!!!
As for the sticker - I am definitely talking to security tomorrow cause I"m ripped! I will try the peanut butter though. Never heard of that and nothing else seems to be working

Originally Posted by icklemiss21

sounds like a very crappy day, hope tomorrow goes much better!

pssst, if you click switch to original points tracker you don't need flash (its a little less user friendly but works)
I have been using the original tools, but everytime I go to the home page I have to click on "original tools". Do you know if there is a way to permanently switch it so everytime I log in I only see the original stuff? I would love to do that since I actually like the original better.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sucky day!!!!!!
Try vegetable oil on the sticker-its a Martha suggestion and it works!!
And don't forget to leave early to work tomorrow as you have to get more gas!!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
UGH!
Well a thanks is in order, because I thought I was having a crappy day, but compared to you...its my birthday. Thank goodness it is over!
Hopefully tomorrow will be extra excellent to compensate!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

http://www.weightwatchers.ca/plan/jnl/index.aspx use that as a short cut once logged in, seems to work for me (I am guessing it is just .com for yours)
Thanks! I'll give it a try!

and just for the record everyone - today's already going better
. I work from home a lot, but because I'm an engineering "contractor" and don't work directly for the company they didn't want to give me full access at home for security reasons. They only wanted to give me access to my e-mail. Well - they messed up!! I've got full access to all our network drives. I can now do anything from home without having to drive the 40 minutes to simply grab a document off our network!!!

I'm so excited! My boss at work will be too! He's been pushing for the darn access and kept getting denied because of my contractor status.
SSSHHHHHHH - don't tell anyone!